Passing a document through API call

sagar....@flowian.com

Jan 13, 2015, 12:03:00 AM1/13/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Team,

I want to pass a document uploaded in the RMP application to another application on WEB through API call.

How can we pass a document?

Regards,
Sagar

sagar....@flowian.com

Jan 13, 2015, 12:54:14 AM1/13/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sagar....@flowian.com
Hi Team,

Here is the details of the API, I want to call....

Please see the below link
https://github.com/basecamp/bcx-api/blob/master/sections/attachments.md

Regards,
Sagar

sagar....@flowian.com

Jan 14, 2015, 1:08:10 AM1/14/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sagar....@flowian.com
Hi Team,

Any update on the Same ...

Regards,
Sagar

sagar....@flowian.com

Jan 14, 2015, 11:53:50 PM1/14/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sagar....@flowian.com

Hi Team,

Any update on the above...

Regards,
Sagar

Bidisha Das

Jan 15, 2015, 1:14:31 AM1/15/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Sagar,
You need to create Connectors for that which will call the Github api from RMP. As of now we don't have any connectors for GitHub.
You can refer to user guide as to how to create connectors: http://docs.runmyprocess.com/Integration_Guide/Connector_Design

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

sagar....@flowian.com

Jan 15, 2015, 1:29:45 AM1/15/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Bidisha,

First of all thanks for your reply.

I have created a connector for the same. But for passing a file it needs to be coverted into the binary format.

Could you please guide me on how can I convert a file into binary format.

Please see the below link for the details of the API and the parameters it requires.
https://github.com/basecamp/bcx-api/blob/master/sections/attachments.md

Regards,
Sagar

Shobhit Tripathi

Jan 15, 2015, 5:05:14 AM1/15/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Sagar,

Could you please confirm us, whether you wanted basecamp connector or Github?

As per your above url link, I think you needed Basecamp connector to upload the file into Base camp server from RMP platform.

Have you checked the basecamp connector, which is already present into the RMP connector's library. (PFA).

As there is one connector "Upload a file" already exists. Could you please refer that connector's configuration.

Hope this information will help you. Please let me know if you face any difficulties.

Best Regards,
Shobhit
Fujitsu- RunMyProcess

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Thanks & Regards,
Shobhit
Fujitsu- RunMyProcess
basecamp_connector.png

sagar....@flowian.com

Jan 15, 2015, 5:28:48 AM1/15/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Shobhit,

The link specifies in the last post is not the API link. It is the link where you will get information about the "Create document" API of Basecamp.

You are right I am not sending file to "Github". I want to send file in the "Basecamp".

And about the connectors of Basecamp available in the RMP, that connectors are outdated one.

So the Basecamp API require the file data in the binary format. So It will be great help if you assist me in converting the file in Binary format.

Thanks and Regards,
Sagar

Shobhit Tripathi

Jan 15, 2015, 6:11:09 AM1/15/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Sagar,

Yes, I already checked the link which you post. I know this is for developing basecamp api.

Could you please provide me some information how you are uploading a file(configuration of your connector) and what error exactly you are facing. So that I can help you to resolve your issue.

Best Regards,
Shobhit
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess

Sagar

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

sagar....@flowian.com

Jan 15, 2015, 7:33:21 AM1/15/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Shobhit,

My API URL is "https://basecamp.com/999999/api/v1/projects/111/attachments.json

Method is "POST".

Result Format is "JSON",

Accept media Type "Appication/*".

Character set is "UTF-8".

content is {
"file":"${fileData}"
}

sagar....@flowian.com

Jan 15, 2015, 7:39:33 AM1/15/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sagar....@flowian.com
Content type is " Application/octet-stream".

This api executes successfully. But the content of the file is not in proper format.

I convert file to array using the following function.

$.get(f_url,
function(data) {
var array = data.split(/\r\n|\r|\n/) //regex to split on line ending
alert("Array"+array);
RMPApplication.setVariable("fileData",array);
alert("End of the Script");
}
);

this script is ok when the file is text file.

But what if the file is some PDF.

For that Basecamp recommend that the file data should be in the bnary format.

Regards,
Sagar

sagar....@flowian.com

Jan 19, 2015, 7:43:10 AM1/19/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sagar....@flowian.com
Hi Team,

Can we pass Excel file through the API call....?

Regards,
Sagar