RMP Files - IE8 Access

somesh.m...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2013, 12:26:46 PM9/12/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, somesh. mukherjee
Hi,

Curious if anybody has hit this error and has a solution:

If I try to do a "window.open" to blow up a "Public" PDF file saved in the RMP Files folder on IE8, it throws an unable to download error.

Sample File: https://live.runmyprocess.com/pub/2215365968/upload/edc23620-1bb7-11e3-9bfc-123139225512/TEST_2014_92379351_00954842_nomination_refendorserview.pdf

Sample code (Works in Chrome, FF, Fails in IE8 for me):

window.open("https://live.runmyprocess.com/pub/2215365968/upload/edc23620-1bb7-11e3-9bfc-123139225512/TEST_2014_92379351_00954842_nomination_refendorserview.pdf");

Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks!

Dimitri MELCHIOR Pro

Sep 15, 2013, 8:01:26 PM9/15/13
to RunMyProcess Support Forum, somesh. mukherjee
Hi Somesh,

It seems that it is not directly related to the window.open function. It is more related to the pdf format.

Internet Explorer 8 does not accept to read PDF files natively.

Best regards.

--

Dimitri MELCHIOR

PreSales Consultant

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Message has been deleted

Dimitri MELCHIOR Pro

Sep 15, 2013, 8:56:52 PM9/15/13
to RunMyProcess Support Forum, somesh. mukherjee
Personnally, I am used to injecting it into an iframe inside the main webform directly :

id_iframe_pdf_display.setHtml("<iframe style='width:100%; height:1000px;' src='https://live.runmyprocess.com/live/${P_customer}/upload/"+"[[pdf_convention_id]]"+"' />");

Best regards.

--

Dimitri MELCHIOR

PreSales Consultant

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 2:47 AM, <somesh.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Dimitri: I have been reading about the issue as well.

Need to facilitate an export to PDF feature, on a RMP Web form. Have incorporated a composite API which uses the RMP PDF Script task to generate the PDF, using the live process variables. I need to be able to open the PDF up, once the PDF is generated and now without using window.open

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

somesh.m...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2013, 9:24:49 PM9/15/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, somesh. mukherjee
Well the issue here is that I have to pull the live web interface and process data at that point in time and compile the pdf.