About sending a manual task or a simple email to several users in a array widget

maybeg...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2014, 5:40:46 PM3/31/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi

I want to send an email or manual task to several users that are selected in a array widget, but I don't know how to write it in the "to" field or "assign to" field.

An image is attached about this issue.

Thanks in advance.
att:
nes

selected users.PNG

Richard Manga

Apr 1, 2014, 3:29:52 AM4/1/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

You could assign the task to a role or to a single user (Assign To Property).

If the 5 users belong to the same role, you can assign directly the task to this role.

If you want to send the mail to more than one user, just put their mails in the "To" field, separated by coma.

Regards

Richard Manga.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

maybeg...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2014, 10:35:11 AM4/2/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, maybeg...@gmail.com

Hi thanks for your answer,

I mean, I want that the selected users in the array widget receive the email, not all the users in the role lane.

I'm not sure if I made myself understood.

maybeg...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2014, 11:18:38 AM4/2/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, maybeg...@gmail.com

I attached some pictures about this issue.

I'm just not sure how to use the ${array_widget_var.field_var} in the "assign to"
field or in the "to" field if I want to send an email to these users.

The ${array_widget_var.field_var} extracts the users from a list in the array widget.

Thanks
att:
nes

Process image.PNG
Final user Wi image.PNG
Process report image.PNG
WI image.PNG

maybeg...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2014, 2:27:15 PM4/2/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, maybeg...@gmail.com
Hi
when I refer to "users", I'm referring to a list of names that has related emails( in the variable column). I mean the user that I want to send emails are not active in RMP . These are external emails (I'm testing in ACCEPTANCE MODE, indeed).

Thank you, I think the solution would be simple but I'm not sure how to proceed.

att:
nes

List with emails.PNG

Richard Manga

Apr 3, 2014, 3:25:16 AM4/3/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, Nesgeek Cepeda
Hi,

I suggest you to create a variable having all users you want to send email.  This variable will be used in the "To" field.

You can build this variable in Freemarker.

NB: If several users, use "," (comma) as separator : "a...@a.com,b...@rb.com

Regards,

Richard Manga

att:
nes

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Sabine El Rassy

Apr 3, 2014, 5:25:04 AM4/3/14
to RunMyProcess Support Forum
Hello

Referring to the process report image you've sent, I can clearly see that you're trying to assign a task to your selected users instead of just sending them an email, which I think it's not what you intend to do. The type of the box should be 'Email' and not 'Manual Task'. You cannot assign a manual task to users not having a RunMyProcess account.

As Richard suggested you before, you can build your 'To' variable by building a string based on your array variable.
Maybe the following code will help you :
<#assign people_to_notify = "">
<#list your_array as x>
<#assign people_to_notify = people_to_notify + x>
<#if x_has_next>
<#assign people_to_notify = people_to_notify +",">
</#if>
</#list>
${people_to_notify}

Regards,
Sabine EL RASSY

maybeg...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2014, 11:07:56 AM4/3/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, maybeg...@gmail.com
Thanks for your answer.

I intend to send notifications to external user that not have an account in RMP.
And only I send these notifications to the external users that are chosen in a list that is contained inside an array widget.

So the steps I should follow are:

1. Of course, re configuring my activity box to "email" type.
2. In the "to" field write the variable that is contained in the array widget
(for example, ${array_widget_var.name_var} and place in the "to" field).
3.Writing the code you gave me in the input tab inside the activity box that was set like email and in the name column I write people_to_notify.

/////

<#assign people_to_notify = "">
<#list your_array as x>
<#assign people_to_notify = people_to_notify + x>
<#if x_has_next>
<#assign people_to_notify = people_to_notify +",">
</#if>
</#list>
${people_to_notify}

/////
So I need to change people_to_notify , and replace it for array_widget_var.name_var (this is the variable that contains a list with email in the variable column)

4. Test it in ACCEPTANCE MODE.

An image is attached about the list that is configured inside the array widget.

I really appreciate your help.

att:
nes

List with emails.PNG

maybeg...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2014, 4:45:04 PM4/4/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, maybeg...@gmail.com
Thanks
It works fine.

it's solved!!!

att:
nes

Sabine El Rassy

Apr 7, 2014, 6:27:41 AM4/7/14
to RunMyProcess Support Forum, maybeg...@gmail.com
Hello,

Glad you've figured it out!

Regards,

Sabine EL RASSY

Customer Solutions Engineer

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

att:
nes

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess