Consuming RMP Composite APIs externally

somesh.m...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2013, 10:33:44 AM9/13/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, somesh. mukherjee
Hi,

I am trying to look for a document which discusses the possibilities and protocols around consuming a RMP Composite API (or process) from outside RMP, externally.

Presume that we can invoke the API RESTfully, by opening a HTTP connection and use Basic Auth to get validated. But trying to find out if there is any documentation already in this regard, from your experiences of implementing an external client for the APIs.

Thanks!

Dimitri MELCHIOR Pro

Sep 15, 2013, 7:18:28 PM9/15/13
to RunMyProcess Support Forum, somesh. mukherjee
Hi Somesh,

From our experience, it is not possible to trigger a composite API - from a REST Request - in a browser with AJAX for example. Indeeed, there are some Cross domain barriers.

Nevertheless, you can trigger a composite API from another infrastructure sending a PHP post for example. What do you want to? do and why bypassing RunMyProcess?

Best regards.

--

Dimitri MELCHIOR

PreSales Consultant

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

somesh.m...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2013, 8:28:36 PM9/15/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, somesh. mukherjee, somesh.m...@gmail.com
Hi Dimitri,

We have a need to create user accounts on RMP dynamically and hence, we are evaluating a way to call a RMP Composite API/process externally, that takes care of the account creation.

We intend to write a Java client for this purpose, which would be used by the local authentication scheme (SAML driven) to setup the required user's account on RMP prior to attempting login and allowing the user access to the requested secure RMP resource.

Thanks!

Dimitri MELCHIOR Pro

Sep 19, 2013, 8:13:31 AM9/19/13
to RunMyProcess Support Forum, somesh. mukherjee, Somesh Mukherjee
Somesh,

Just read this again, your JAVA function should work if you set up the basic authentication scheme into the function.

Be careful, while sending the POST to Composite API, the authenticated user must be an ADMIN of the account. If not, the user creation will be denied by the server.

Best regards.

--

Dimitri MELCHIOR

PreSales Consultant

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

Thanks!

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Somesh Mukherjee

Sep 19, 2013, 8:26:24 AM9/19/13
to Dimitri MELCHIOR Pro, RunMyProcess Support Forum, somesh. mukherjee
Thanks, I have this implemented and working now. As we are using SAML driven authentication, I had to configure a public API wrapper ove the actual API. For the Admin restriction, I created a RMP connector with admin credentials.
--

Somesh Mukherjee

http://greentechstreet.blogspot.com/