Is there another way to trigger a the start of a process other then Email and time schedule (pulling)?

raymond...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2015, 1:37:54 AM2/4/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi support,

I have two separate questions actually.

1. Is there another way to trigger a the start of a process other then Email and time? I have a requirement to trigger a process based on an event post by an external system. We have the ability to call a webservice, to run scripts etc... but I cannot find a way to trigger the start of a RMP process automatically without resorting to sending an email which is not idea for my client setup.

2. While I can see a process can trigger a subprocess, but the main process cannot finish until the subprocess is complete? Is there a way for the main process to fire and forget the second process it triggers?

Thanks
Ray

Takafumi Hoshino

Feb 4, 2015, 1:54:21 AM2/4/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Ray,

In short, both questions are YES.

1. You can call web service, make a POST request with XML content and trigger the process. If that format do not work, you can add Composite API in front that allows much simpler input.
For the XML case. In process design look for "Open corresponding connector"button. This gives you the details about the WS call you need to make.
Authentication scheme is simply, standard Basic (id:pass base64 encoded).
This guide might help a little (not much, sorry)

2. You are right that when you use activity type Subprocess, the main process will wait for it to complete.
You can use activity type "connector" and make the same API call as I explained in above answer, then main process will just move forward after initiating the WS call.

Best regards,

Taka

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess