How to use parameter from http request body in a process

wangshu...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2014, 8:32:09 PM8/12/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi

I send a http request with a tool to start my process.

And i want to use a parameter from the request body in a gateway conditions tab.

How can i do it?

Regards,
Wang

Bidisha Das

Aug 12, 2014, 10:38:42 PM8/12/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, wangshu...@gmail.com
Hi,
Can you be more clear on what you mean by triggering a process with http request?
Because in RMP,you can trigger a process in 3 ways:
  • Through a POST request (i.e a web service call) or a Run My Process web interface.
  • Through an email.
  • Through Timer where the process can be scheduled to launch itself automatically at a predefined frequency.
Which one are you following?

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

wangshu...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2014, 10:50:47 PM8/12/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, wangshu...@gmail.com
Hi Bidisha

I think it's the first one. I made a web service call.

here is the screenshot.

WS000000.JPG

Bidisha Das

Aug 12, 2014, 11:20:05 PM8/12/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, wangshu...@gmail.com
Hi,
Is your Process getting triggered? Can you please send me the complete code? Because from the screenshot,its not visible what parameters exactly you want to use in Gateway condition.I can only see Customer id and Process id in the url.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

wangshu...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2014, 12:42:03 AM8/13/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, wangshu...@gmail.com
Hi

I am sorry but i am a novice in RMP.

All that i want to do is to make a web service call and use a num to control process's execution route

so if i use a url like

"https://live.runmyprocess.jp/live/123921405040154988/process/83332?P_mode=TEST&P_version=41303&Condition=1"

can i use the parameter "Condition" to control my process?

Thanks & Regards
Wang

Bidisha Das

Aug 13, 2014, 3:11:10 AM8/13/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, wangshu...@gmail.com
Hi,
Can you please send me the authentication header you are using in your xml content as I can't see in your above mentioned code.Also send me the entire xml content of your web service.

It is recommended to pass the parameter in payload itself instead of passing it in url.You can try passing your variable "Condition" inside the xml code and check if you get it in process so that you can use it in your Gateway Condition.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

wangshu...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2014, 4:16:11 AM8/13/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, wangshu...@gmail.com
Hi Bidisha

thanks a lot for your help!

Just like your advice i set my variable inside the xml code and succeed in controling my process.

Thanks & Regards
Wang