Creating a folder in a folder on Google Drive

matthewda...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2014, 6:46:52 AM7/3/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi I am trying to create a folder in a directory (called customers) which is already created on my Google Drive.

Step 1: Install the Google API and Login Documents connector
Step 2: Install the Google Documents and Create Folder connector

I can create folders on the drive fine (this works) however I need to create my new folders under the customers directory?

I think I should be putting the directory URL into the configuration (Connector URL)for the connector somewhere. I have tried various alternatives such as replacing /default/ with the customer directory URL but nothing seems to be working.

connector url: feeds/default/private/full/

Please can you help

Shobhit Tripathi

Jul 3, 2014, 8:24:10 AM7/3/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Matthew,

Do you want to create a sub-folder inside your parent folder?

If you want this,then you have to use two more connectors for it.
1. Get the id of a folder [v3.0]
2. Create a subfolder [v3.0]

While using "Create a subfolder[v3.0]", you have to use some input parameters. Please find screenshot (Create_sub-folder-2).

Please find screenshot for whole process (Create_sub-folder).

Thanks & Regards
Shobhit Tripathi

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Create_sub-folder.png
Create_sub-folder-2.png

Matthew Daniels

Jul 3, 2014, 11:36:00 AM7/3/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Dear Shabhit

Thank you for the reply, but it is still causing me problems.

I already have the parent folder I simply want to create a numerous sub folder within it.

Why do I need to create a folder (Activity 2) if I am making a sub folder in Activity 4?

What is the input variable for the folder_name variable, is it the complete url (as in drive) or the actual text based name given to the parent folder in drive?

thanks in advance

Matthew

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "RunMyProcess Support Forum" group.

Matthew Daniels

Jul 3, 2014, 12:22:46 PM7/3/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Shobhit

It's working now!

So to summarise I now have two activities in the workflow the first is the activity to login to Google docs connector from the Goodle API Login provider and the second activity is the Create Subfolder connector from the Google Documents provider.

A note on configuration: when setting the input variables for the second activity and resourceId I use the end string of the Google folder URL (My parent folder).

This did the trick - hope it helps others

matthewda...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2014, 12:59:01 PM7/3/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, matthewda...@gmail.com
Something very strange is happening now. The sub folders I created through my workflow are taking a very long time to show up in the parent folder on Google drive. Even more unusually the sub folders show up on my desktop version of Google dive when I do a restart indicating that the sync is working in advance of the web application.

What have I done wrong?

thoshino

Jul 3, 2014, 8:31:44 PM7/3/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, matthewda...@gmail.com
Hi,

I don't think you did anything wrong.
It might be that Google is updating somethings in the web browser UI of Google Drive?
or, just happened that web page refresh is slow.

Best regards,

Taka