User deleted causes the tasks to not be accessed

vkda...@tstt.co.tt

Mar 13, 2015, 4:33:23 AM3/13/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Good day RMP Support,

TSTT is currently trying to clean up its RMP portal with respect to users having left the company while new users are taking over the existing responsibilities etc.

I have re-assigned existing tasks from an old user to a new user. I have also deleted the old user as they had already left the company. In doing so, I think I may created a new problem.

The tasks have been reassigned to the new user but now they cannot access the tasks. This is an example of the error:
"Access Forbidden.
You are not authorized to access this application. Unauthorized: ahri...@tstt.co.tt. User has been deleted."

I think I should not have removed the old user entirely. I know now not to do this in future.

Can you assist in re-instating the users that I may deleted in error:
1) ahri...@tstt.co.tt - Abigail Rickson
2) cke...@tstt.co.tt - Candace Kendall
3) dre...@tstt.co.tt - Derek Regis
4) sr...@tstt.co.tt - Sue-Lyne Rose

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Vishal Dabiesingh
rmp error.png

Sweta Suman

Mar 13, 2015, 5:44:24 AM3/13/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

There is no need to add these old users again.

However, It is recommended to Deactivate the User which is no longer in use.

In order to add new users, check your process lane's at left vertical bar which role has the right to start the process. Then go to organization menu, edit the role and add respective new users in that.

If you are still facing any problem, please revert back.

Thanks,
Sweta

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Sweta Suman

Mar 13, 2015, 6:03:42 AM3/13/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com

vkda...@tstt.co.tt

Mar 13, 2015, 9:25:13 AM3/13/15
to Sweta Suman
Thanks for the information Sweta.

Will monitor and let you know.

Regards,
Vishal.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Mar 13, 2015, 10:38:16 AM3/13/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Good day Sweta,

I had not only deactivated but I had removed the old users from the RMP system.

That is why some users are unable to access the tasks now based on "Access Forbidden" error that they keep getting.

Can you advise accordingly on what I can do to help resolve?

Vishal.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "RunMyProcess Support Forum" group.

Bidisha Das

Mar 14, 2015, 8:20:29 AM3/14/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,
It is recommended not to delete the users,instead deactictivate them.Since you have already deleted the old users,you can't delegate the pending manual tasks of the old users to the new users and the old processes would be in hold forever.As of Now you need to add the new users in your existing roles and give access rights accordingly.It depends on you reagarding which user should belong to which role.
Once you add that particular user to the particular role,he will be able to access your project accordingly.

Make sure you give proper access rights to the users.

But I don't think the new users can access the old tasks since you have not delegated the old tasks to the new users before deleting the old users.The new users can access the tasks from now onwards depending on the access rights you have given them

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

vkda...@tstt.co.tt

Mar 16, 2015, 10:13:19 AM3/16/15
to Bidisha Das
Hi Bidisha,

The users who I have already reassigned the tasks too are already on the RMP system. They can click on the tasks but when they do, that is when they get the "Access Forbidden" error and they can't access the tasks. This is because these tasks were originally assigned to ‎the users that I have already deleted.

So somehow, the reassigned tasks are still binded to the original users. Is there any way we can recover the deleted users? I know this can be done because it was done already.

Thank you in advance.
Vishal.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Mar 16, 2015, 10:13:19 AM3/16/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Good morning Bidisha,

Can you kindly assist me with this?

Please note that I had sent reassigned all open tasks from old users to the new users before i had removed the old users from the system.

Thanks in advance.
Vishal.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Mar 16, 2015, 10:13:19 AM3/16/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com

On 3/14/2015 8:20 AM, Bidisha Das wrote:
--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Shobhit Tripathi

Mar 16, 2015, 11:07:56 AM3/16/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Vishal,

Could you please let us know how you re-assigned the old task to new user ?

You can use delegation for assigning the task.
Please refer this link for more information: http://docs.runmyprocess.com/Developer_Guide/Rights/Delegation

Kindly share the screenshot of your process (with lanes) and Roles/Entities you assigned into project access right tab (type's like designed/user etc).

Please let us know so that we can help you.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Shobhit

Vishal Dabiesingh

Mar 16, 2015, 12:03:31 PM3/16/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Shobit,

It would be too much to share my screenshot.

Can we instead establish a remote session via Teamviewer or otherwise so as to show you exactly what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.
Vishal.
--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Murali

Mar 17, 2015, 1:16:42 AM3/17/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, vkda...@tstt.co.tt
Hi Vishal,

Please let us know when you are available online, so that we arrange for a screen-share.

Regards,
Murali

On 3/16/2015 11:07 AM, Shobhit Tripathi wrote:
Hi Vishal,

Could you please let us know how you re-assigned the old task to new user ?

You can use delegation for assigning the task.
Please refer this link for more information: http://docs.runmyprocess.com/Developer_Guide/Rights/Delegation

Kindly share the screenshot of your process (with lanes) and Roles/Entities you assigned into project access right tab (type's like designed/user etc).

Please let us know so that we can help you.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Shobhit
Fujitsu- RunMyProcess
--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

vkda...@tstt.co.tt

Mar 17, 2015, 1:37:26 AM3/17/15
to Murali, suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Murali,

I'm available now.

Vishal.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Mar 17, 2015, 3:03:41 AM3/17/15
to Murali, suppor...@runmyprocess.com, mkumma...@runmyprocess.com
Sorry about that.

My laptop shutdown unexpectedly. Now rebooting.