Custom collections

matthewda...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2013, 3:12:53 PM10/23/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
I am trying to create a customisable collection. I need to use a drop down custom list that list dissimilar products. For example when the user selects Product A I need a collection to return a list of attributes related to the product A such as material, size, length, outside diameter. If the user selects Product B the attributes will be different such as number of cut outs and colour green.

This is different to the car example because even though the custom list has several cars they all have the same attributes, ie, car_ID, Name and engine. In my problem the attributes are different for different products.

How should I solve this?

Richard Manga

Oct 24, 2013, 3:54:32 AM10/24/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi!

You can solve your problem using the same reasoning as car example. You just need to add a column in your collection. This column will give an ID to group of item (for example: ID1: items with 1 attribute. ID2: items with 2 attributes...). So after, in your code, you will just check the ID and the name of element to retrieve the information.

Note: you can store items having different attributes in the same collection.

Best regards,

Richard Manga.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess