upload file to dropbox

J.M.

Jul 28, 2015, 4:02:11 AM7/28/15

I'm trying to upload a file to a dropbox account and I'm having a little problem. Let's see.

I have created a new connector to upload a file, using the RMP tutorial about OAuth, and the dropbox API doc, and it's "working" now.
Exactly I have got to upload a file, and upload it to the path selected, but, when I look into the uploaded file on dropbox it has not the content I supossed. I'm filling the contente field in my connector with ${content} cause I understand this field represents the file I want to upload, however I don't know what should I put in there. I've tried with the URL , but then the file content is the URL (not the file pointed by the URL), and I've tried with the id of the file, and something like ${the_id_of_my_file} in a desperate try, but I've always got the same result :p

How can I upload a file to Dropbox appropiately?

Thanks in advance and regards.

J.M.

Jul 28, 2015, 4:57:39 AM7/28/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, javiermm...@gmail.com
Sorry for double-posting, but I forget to attach the image with my connector config

regards

upload_file_connector.png

J.M.

Jul 29, 2015, 6:57:19 AM7/29/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, javiermm...@gmail.com
Can anyone help me, please? I am very interested in the Dropbox Integration with RunMyProcess

Thanks again.

Pankaj Kumar

Jul 29, 2015, 8:21:36 AM7/29/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, Javier Martín
Hi Javier,

Dropbox upload file API treat request body as the content of the file,one approach is, you can use the "file_content" method to get the content of the file and pass it in the connector, Please refer to the screen print.

I am exploring the API/RMP Integration to get other approach to avoid the use of the method "file_content", will update you soon on this.

Inline image 1

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Pankaj Kumar

Jul 29, 2015, 8:24:15 AM7/29/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, Javier Martín
Hi,

In the previous mail screen print "file_content" is the variable in which we get the content of the file using the free marker "file_content" method.

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

J.M.

Jul 30, 2015, 2:52:52 AM7/30/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, pku...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Pankaj,

Well, I've tried the file_content function and The result I get is the same result.
I've changed the connector configuration too, in order to get the most similar config to yours (By the way, What does the multipart/related content type mean?)
I attach images for a better explanation.

Besides, if I get the file_content method works fine, I guess that this function will only work with text files (.txt, .js, etc.) won't it?
So when I reach the objective of uploading a text file, What should I do if want to upload to dropbox a pdf document?
(In fact, this functionality belongs to a process I'm building that firtly creates a PDF from a group of variables, and then uploads it to dropbox).

So, please, help me with the use of file_content, and with the issue of How to upload to dropbox a PDF.

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 2:24:15 PM UTC+2, Pankaj Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>

> In the previous mail screen print "file_content" is the variable in which we get the content of the file using the free marker "file_content" method.
>

> Thank you,
> Pankaj Kumar
> Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support
>

> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 5:51 PM, Pankaj Kumar <pku...@runmyprocess.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Javier,
>

> Dropbox upload file API treat request body as the content of the file,one approach is, you can use the "file_content" method to get the content of the file and pass it in the connector, Please refer to the screen print.
>

> I am exploring the API/RMP Integration to get other approach to avoid the use of the method "file_content", will update you soon on this.

connector file_upload_dropbox.png
file_content_dropbox.png

javiermm...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2015, 2:57:04 AM7/30/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, pku...@runmyprocess.com, javiermm...@gmail.com
I attach too the image of the exact content of the file uploaded, just in case it helps.
content_in_dropbox.png

Murali

Jul 31, 2015, 2:16:18 AM7/31/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, pku...@runmyprocess.com, javiermm...@gmail.com
Hi Javier,

We are working on your issue and keep you posted.

Regads,
Murali

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 3, 2015, 7:36:24 AM8/3/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, Javier Martín
Hi Javier,

Please find the attached connector configuration of Dropbox file upload api (refer 1.png, 2.png). Please refer 3.png for the configuration in the process. Connector is tested for the PDF file though should be fine for other files type too i.e jpeg

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

1.PNG