Run a nightly process!

flas...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2013, 7:00:47 AM10/22/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hey guys!

We need to run a nightly process for cleaning ours collections.

¿How do it make?
Regards!

Richard Manga

Oct 22, 2013, 7:54:56 AM10/22/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi!

If you want to clean your collection nightly, you should create a process with "Timer" as trigger event for process start point.
Then you put the process end. As output of the process end, you add an output variable (give the name you want to this variable). As value of your output variable you write the following code for cleaning your collection:  ${drop_collection("collection-name")}.

It's important to note that at the process start point, you will the following information:

- Start Date(when you want your process to start and the hour).

- Repetitions Number (if you want to clean the collections once a day, you put 1) and you select the box "Unlimited" to repeat this process.

- Finally, you will specify the delay between two cleaning operations: Days 1, Hours 0, Minutes 0.

When you put the project in production, the process will execute.

Regards,

Richard Manga

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

flas...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2013, 3:27:37 PM10/22/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Many thanks but... I don't know create a procces that runs with timer, how do make it?

Richard Manga

Oct 23, 2013, 4:04:23 AM10/23/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com

Hi!

To create a process that works with timer, you create a normal process that has 2 elements: Process start point  and Process End Point.

Then, you click on the process start point to configure it. The configuration screen will have two labels: "Event" and "Output variables"

First, you click on "Event" and you will have a list of items to configure (below I give you the list of these elements in order):

Trigger: selesct  "Timer". (That means that your process will be started by the timer).

Start date:  you click on the square and you select the date you want your process to start. ( You choose also the hour your process should start ).

Repetitions Number: select "Unlimited"

Delay between reps: Days 1 Hours 0 Minutes 0.

Then you click on the second label: "Output variables"

click on "Add"  (give the name you want to this variable).  As value of your output variable you write the following code for cleaning your collection:  ${drop_collection("collection-name")}.

After doing that, you put your project in live mode, and your collection will be cleaned periodically.

Best regards,

Richard Manga

flas...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2013, 4:30:44 AM10/23/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
It's perfect!! Thank you very much Richard!!
Best regards!

flas...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2013, 4:43:23 AM10/23/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, flas...@gmail.com
One more thing, can I launch other process from this process-timer???

Richard Manga

Oct 23, 2013, 5:15:45 AM10/23/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi!

It is not possible to use the same timer to launch many processes.

But what I can suggest you to do is to use one process timer then associate it to many tasks in parallel.

These task will only contain subprocess. These subprocess are the process you want to start with this specific timer.

Regards,

Richard Manga

Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RunMyProcess Support Forum" group.

flas...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2013, 12:26:23 PM10/23/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi!

My process is not launched automatically, in the "Process Reports" nothing appears.

Attached a screenshot with Event tab.
event.png

Richard Manga

Oct 23, 2013, 12:40:46 PM10/23/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi.

You should create a live version of the project where the project is defined. Only after that, the timer will work.

Best regards,

Richard Manga

2013/10/23 <flas...@gmail.com>
--