Pass variable between Webinterfaces

onei...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2014, 7:10:38 AM8/28/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi

I am using a button to update a process, i have also set that button to redirect to a different webinterface

How can I pass a variable between the two?

In have tried the following but it didn't work.

In first webinterface
RMPApplication.set("assigned_to_name",myvar);

In second webinterface
RMPApplication.get("assigned_to_name");

However I get a null returned despite 'myvar' not being null

Gareth Thiveux

Aug 28, 2014, 7:21:06 AM8/28/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Jamie,

In order to pass a variable from one interface to another by using the redirect to option of a button, you should declare your variable directly within the URL of the web interface you're trying to reach.
So in the "Redirect to" field, you should have something like that :

Regards,

Customer Solutions Engineer
 Fujitsu RunMyProcess
3 rue de Gramont, 75002 Paris - France

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

onei...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2014, 8:13:27 AM8/28/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Gareth

I tried using the redirect URL https://live.runmyprocess.com/live/118261407486822867/appli/136129?P_mode=${P_mode}&P_version=${P_version}&assigned_to_name=line_manager

but when I rty to use that variable in the webinterface i get the error
com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (ReferenceError) : assigned_to_name is not defined

Gareth Thiveux

Aug 28, 2014, 8:42:49 AM8/28/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Jamie,

Did you use RMPApplication.get("assigned_to_name") in your second web interface ?

Regards,

Customer Solutions Engineer
 Fujitsu RunMyProcess
3 rue de Gramont, 75002 Paris - France

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

onei...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2014, 10:25:30 AM8/28/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi

I hadn't sorry, I thought you meant that the variable became active simply by passing it on the URL

I have now added RMPApplication.get("assigned_to_name")

But now when i use it, it appears as the text "line_manager" rather than the value of the line_manager variable from the previous webinterface

Gareth Thiveux

Aug 28, 2014, 10:29:28 AM8/28/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Jamie,

If you want the value to be coming from a variable of your form instead of a static value, you should use the following :