Page Layout of Downloaded Spreadsheet to RMP

tr...@agilebts.com

Dec 10, 2013, 6:12:20 PM12/10/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi, I'm trying to download a spreadsheet from Google Drive to RMP. I need to download it as a pdf, but the page layout defaults to landscape and I need it to be portrait. I've tried to add a 'page_layout' variable to the URL, but there was no difference. Is there a way to change the page layout to portrait in RMP?

thoshino

Dec 10, 2013, 6:32:10 PM12/10/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, tr...@agilebts.com
Hi Trent,

Just confirming, you have tried the method described here:

and it didn't work.

RMP can only manipulate Google Drive features via web service API calls. If above doesn't work anymore, then we must find out new parameters to pass.
This question is not closed to RMP users only, it is relative to anyone dealing with Google Drive APIs.

I will keep looking, if anyone finds a solution, we would appreciate it if it can be shared here also.

Best regards,

Taka

Trent Agile

Dec 10, 2013, 6:39:28 PM12/10/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hey Taka,

Yes that was the method that I tried to use, but there was no difference in the new generated documents.  I will let you know if I find anything and would appreciate any suggestions you have.  Thanks,

Trent

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Trent Agile

Dec 10, 2013, 6:47:40 PM12/10/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Also, I'm having a problem with another document I'm trying to download as a pdf.  I'm not sure if this is a problem with RMP or something else; I think it may have something to do with frozen rows. The downloaded pdf includes a blank page every other page.  So the first page will have information on it and the second page will be blank and so on.  I included a pdf of the document.  Thanks,

Trent

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 3:32 PM, thoshino <thos...@runmyprocess.com> wrote:

--
Amortization Schedule Template.pdf

thoshino

Dec 11, 2013, 12:58:10 AM12/11/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, tr...@agilebts.com
Hi Trent,

I finally had some time to test the PDF export format, the parameter still worked.

I am using Google Drive API (v2) to get the export link, it looks like this:

At end of this URL, I can add
&portrait=false
to get PDF in landscape layout (see attached portrait-false.pdf).

Also, if I change that to
&portrait=true
I get PDF in portrait layout (see attached portrait-true).

I didn't test for other parameters, but it might work as well.

Best regards,

Taka
portrait-true.pdf
portrait-false.pdf

thoshino

Dec 11, 2013, 1:12:54 AM12/11/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, tr...@agilebts.com
Hi Trent,

Maybe you already tried this, but  when you export the Google spreadsheet from web interface (see attached gspreadsheet-pdf-export.png), does it work correctly?

Can you try different option to get the best result you want, then set the same options from RMP with URL parameters?
I know not all parameters are provided from Google, but I hope it can suit your needs.

Best regards,

Taka
gspreadsheet-pdf-export.png