How to route approvals to different people

caro...@givedirectly.org

Apr 3, 2014, 4:21:03 PM4/3/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello--

If one group of people fills out a form, it needs to be routed to Lawrence. If Lawrence or one of his peers (Caroline) fills out the form, it needs to be routed to his supervisor Joe instead of Lawrence.

I had been trying to deal with this by creating a green diamond shaped decision point, with an arrow going one way to Joe and another way to Lawrence. In the conditions tab of the gateway, I wrote the following:

${P_initiator.login}="caro...@abc.org" <OR> ${P_initiator.login}="lawr...@abc.org"

But for some reason it is not accepting this logic. It gives me this error:

2014-04-03T20:10:25+0000 - Gateway "" (id: 15 - status: ABORTED): Error while processing <#if (caro...@abc.org="caro...@abc.org" <OR> caro...@abc.org="lawr...@abc.org")>true<#else>false</#if>

Found string literal: "caro...@abc.org"
Expecting: number

Can someone please advise on the right way to do this? Is there a way to do it using "organiztions" or "roles"?

Rajesh Chandgothia

Apr 4, 2014, 1:43:23 AM4/4/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello Carolina,

Could you please share screenshot of your process for better understanding. Are you maintaining organization structure like Role wise access. If not then follow the below link

Thanks,

Rajesh Chandgothia

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

caro...@givedirectly.org

Apr 4, 2014, 11:07:47 AM4/4/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Rajesh,

I have been using the organization and have read that page before, but I cannot figure out how to make the roles work for the process in question.

To clarify the organizational structure: there are 4 staff who report to Lawrence. Lawrence should provide approval for their requests. When Lawrence makes a request, Joe should provide approval instead of Lawrence approving. Therefore, both Lawrence and Joe are "approvers" but should approve different requests based on who is submitting it (Lawrence vs. not Lawrence).

Attached is the screenshot of the process that I had been trying to implement. If there is a better way to do this using organization feature and roles, please let me know.

screenshot.docx

Rajesh Chandgothia

Apr 7, 2014, 2:00:10 AM4/7/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, caro...@givedirectly.org

Hi Carolina,

Instead of ${P_initiator.login}="caroline@abc.org" <OR> ${P_initiator.login}="lawrence@abc.org" use below script

P_initiator.login =="caroline@abc.org" || P_initiator.login == "lawrence@abc.org"

Thanks,

Rajesh

caro...@givedirectly.org

Apr 7, 2014, 7:14:37 AM4/7/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, caro...@givedirectly.org
Rajesh--

Thanks so much, I will try that! Is there a way to do this using organizations and role instead, or is modifying the process as I have done the best way to go about this?

Carolina

On Monday, April 7, 2014 2:00:10 AM UTC-4, Rajesh Chandgothia wrote:
> Hi Carolina,
> Instead of ${P_initiator.login}="caro...@abc.org" <OR> ${P_initiator.login}="lawr...@abc.org" use below script
>

> P_initiator.login =="caro...@abc.org" || P_initiator.login == "lawr...@abc.org"
>

> Thanks,
>

> Rajesh

Rajesh Chandgothia

Apr 9, 2014, 4:15:17 AM4/9/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, caro...@givedirectly.org
Hello Carolina,

Currently in process branch you are diverting according to Initiator login email ID. If there are more than 1 or 2 users in Lane. Then divert according to logged in user Lane. Please check below link for dynamic role

Thanks,

Rajesh Chandgothia

Fujitsu RunMyProcess