Could one process have only one web interface?

Takafumi Sakai

Dec 9, 2014, 9:21:46 PM12/9/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
I repeatedly tried to change web interfaces for each different activity in one process, however, once I change web interfaces in a certain activity, an another activity's interface was forcefully changed to different one.

Could one process have only one web interface? Or this happens because of a bug?

Thanks,
Takafumi Sakai

Bidisha Das

Dec 10, 2014, 2:55:38 AM12/10/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Takafumi,
In order to do this you need to use Dynamic screen in Process activity. Dynamic screen, in Manual Activities, are used in case you have multiple Web interfaces that can trigger the same process.

Take one Web Interface ID (Screenshot 1), then you can make that Web interface being the one used for the Manual Task (Screenshot 2).
In case you are supposed to have multiple Web interface being called by the same web interface, you should call a variable whose content is the ID of the Web Interface (Screenshot 3).

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 3.jpg

lagavulin.isla...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2014, 10:02:59 PM12/10/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Thank you, Bidisha.

I have one more question. When I used the dynamic interface, I cant't go back to the difference web interface. To so, I need to set ${web_interface_id} into somewhere. Is it correct?

If my recognition is right, where is the place shown on screenshot3.jpg?

Takafumi

Bidisha Das

Dec 10, 2014, 10:24:03 PM12/10/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,
Yes you are correct.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

Bidisha Das

Dec 10, 2014, 10:31:26 PM12/10/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,
Sorry,did not see the second question.It is in the Process Manual activity.There is a check box "Dynamic screen".When you check that,
you get the option "Dynamic Web Interface".You need to check that and write the web interface id in that.

Hope you are clear.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

lagavulin.isla...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2014, 2:46:18 AM12/11/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Bidisha,

Thanks, but it still didn't work. I set the ${web_interface_id} to the manual activity, however, the process failed to recognize the web interface because there is no relationship between id and that variable.

I don't know whether you can understand what I said. If you need more information for my issue, let me know.

Takafumi

Bidisha Das

Dec 11, 2014, 3:05:13 AM12/11/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Takafumi,
You can hardcode the Web Interface id in the Dynamic Web Interface in Process Manual Activity as I mentioned above.So you can use different WI ids in different manual activities of your Process using Dynamic screen. If you want the same manual activity to be run by multiple WIs, then you need to take a text box with variable name "web_interface_id" in all the WIs and store their respective ids in that.Thereafter you can use this variable as  ${web_interface_id} in Dynamic Web Interface in Manual Activity.So it will dynamically take the ids of the respective WIs.

Thanks &b Regards
Bidisha

lagavulin.isla...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2014, 8:02:09 PM12/11/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Thank you, Bidisha.

I want use different WIs to different manual activities. I have two WI for one process and want to change from one (A) WI to another WI (B), then go back to (A).

When this happens, a process couldn't go back to (A) WI once (B) was shown. The process was stuck and couldn't go anywhere. That's what I've got now.

Can you see what is the problem?

Takafumi

Bidisha Das

Dec 12, 2014, 2:44:04 AM12/12/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,
Can you please send screen shots of your process? Are you hardcoding the WI ids in the Dynamic Web Interface in the manual activities?

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha