start process connector should return the process instance id

sivak...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2014, 1:42:09 PM7/11/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

I have a connector which starts a process. I am invoking this connextor from another process. As part of the response to that connector call, I need to get the process instance id of the process that has been created. As of now, I am getting only the P_header and P_status objects which does not contain the process instance id.

If we could not return it as part of the response, do we have a different way of getting the instance ids? We are trying to create/update the process from outside the process using the connectors.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,
Siva

thoshino

Jul 11, 2014, 3:44:53 PM7/11/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sivak...@gmail.com
Hi,

Can you try setting your connector, result format to XML?
You should see the request id in:

like,

8bac6274-0933-11e4-a78a-1231380c7265

If there was error in starting the process, this won't exist, there will be some kind of error message.

Best regards,

Taka

sivak...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2014, 4:09:24 PM7/11/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sivak...@gmail.com
Hi Taka,

Thank you so much. I got it.

Regards,
Siva

sivak...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2014, 11:52:29 AM7/16/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sivak...@gmail.com
Hi Taka,

I got the id from the feed after changing the result format to XML. But I am not able get the id from the proacess that is calling the connector using ${P_result.feed.id}. It does not parse the result.

Here is the error I am getting.

2014-07-16T15:49:34+0000 - Task "Start Evaluation Process" (id: 10[0] - status: ABORTED): Error while processing {P_result.feed.id}
Expected hash. P_result evaluated instead to freemarker.template.SimpleScalar on line 1, column 3 in Start Evaluation Process.

I have not enabled the inject results option. So I assume the P_result should be available.

Thank you!

Regards,
Siva

arindam...@gmail.com