hide/show section

rob.b...@asics.com

Nov 11, 2013, 5:19:05 AM11/11/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

I want a section to be shown when a (button) field is selected. If not selected, the section needs to be hidden. What do I put in the visible-field ?

madhuri.ru...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2013, 5:24:48 AM11/11/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, rob.b...@asics.com
On Monday, November 11, 2013 3:49:05 PM UTC+5:30, rob.b...@asics.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want a section to be shown when a (button) field is selected. If not selected, the section needs to be hidden. What do I put in the visible-field ?

Hi,
you want section to be visible on button widget click? Or selecting button in web interface?
As you mentioned field selected are you using List widgets?

Thanks,
Madhuri,Fujitsu

Dimitri MELCHIOR Pro

Nov 11, 2013, 5:26:13 AM11/11/13
to RunMyProcess Support Forum
Hi Rob,

Configure your button "type" as "Execute Script".

Then, click on "Edit Script" and write :

WidgetSectionId.setVisible(true);

.. in the dedicated place.

Finally, make sure the sectionID is the one you have scripted with and that the section is not visible by default.

Is it ok for you?

--

Dimitri MELCHIOR

PreSales Consultant

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:19 AM, <rob.b...@asics.com> wrote:
Hi,

I want a section to be shown when a (button) field is selected. If not selected, the section needs to be hidden. What do I put in the visible-field ?

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

rob.b...@asics.com

Nov 11, 2013, 5:32:19 AM11/11/13
On Monday, November 11, 2013 11:19:05 AM UTC+1, rob.b...@asics.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want a section to be shown when a (button) field is selected. If not selected, the section needs to be hidden. What do I put in the visible-field ?

Hi Dimitri,

I'm sorry, the field is a switch, so value is either yes or no

Dimitri MELCHIOR Pro

Nov 11, 2013, 5:37:59 AM11/11/13
to RunMyProcess Support Forum, rob.b...@asics.com
Create a unvisible JS field widget. Configure it as listen to switch_value_variable and write that script.

WidetSectionId.setVisible("[[switch_value_variable]]"=="yes");

let me know if that works.

Best regards.

--

Dimitri MELCHIOR

PreSales Consultant

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Dimitri MELCHIOR Pro

rob.b...@asics.com

Nov 11, 2013, 5:46:20 AM11/11/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, rob.b...@asics.com
On Monday, November 11, 2013 11:19:05 AM UTC+1, rob.b...@asics.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want a section to be shown when a (button) field is selected. If not selected, the section needs to be hidden. What do I put in the visible-field ?

Hi Dimitri,

You're the man !!
This is what I was looking for, thanks for the quick supply.

cheers,

rob.b...@asics.com

Nov 11, 2013, 6:15:42 AM11/11/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, rob.b...@asics.com
On Monday, November 11, 2013 11:19:05 AM UTC+1, rob.b...@asics.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want a section to be shown when a (button) field is selected. If not selected, the section needs to be hidden. What do I put in the visible-field ?

Hi Dimitri,

Your last option does not work, the section gets hidden by default

madhuri.ru...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2013, 6:32:34 AM11/11/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, rob.b...@asics.com
Hi Rob,
For switch please check "Default checked" in its properties.
And in visibility rules of your section write "[[switch_variable]]"=="yes"
So it will show section by default and switch will be checked by default and as you uncheck switch, Section will be hidden.
Hope you want in this way!

Thanks,
Madhuri,Fujitsu

br...@fireplan.ca

Jan 5, 2014, 1:22:46 PM1/5/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, rob.b...@asics.com, dmel...@runmyprocess.com
On Monday, November 11, 2013 4:19:05 AM UTC-6, rob.b...@asics.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want a section to be shown when a (button) field is selected. If not selected, the section needs to be hidden. What do I put in the visible-field ?

Hi there. I'd like to make a quick addendum to this post. After a lot of playing around, I also came to this answer for switch widgets:
[[switch_value_variable]]==true

That's very handy. Now I am looking for a more complex option. I have a multi-option checkbox widget that I am using for milestones. We click off checkboxes as we move through the project. This may not be the most effective way to model the process, but that's a different conversation, I'm just getting my hands dirty with RunMyProcess.

So, the javascript I want is something like:
id_delivery_details_section.setVisible(id_fire_plan_milestones.getSelectedValue().indexOf("Ready"))>-1

However, I don't know how to write that as a visibility rule in the form. The following is obviously not valid, but I don't know what to write.
[[fire_plan_milestones_valuevariable]] contains "Ready"

I Am going to try making the invisible widget as you suggested but that seems kludgy.