Processing Body of Email which Starts Process

michael...@zodiac.com

Jul 22, 2014, 7:50:30 PM7/22/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello -

I followed an existing example where an email starts a process, but keep getting this parse error when the process tarts:
2014-07-22T23:18:56+0000 - Event Start "Name" (id: 0 - status: ABORTED): Error while processing {mail_body?eval}
Expression mail_body is undefined on line 1, column 3 in Name.

However, mail_body is defined as an input and IS mapped to the content field:
"Map content to" mail_body

In the "Output variables" of the start task, I have in the value column
${mail_body?eval}
and the Name column is empty.

Where else do I need to define "mail_body" so that it is not undefined?

Thank you for any assistance.

Michael

michael...@zodiac.com

Jul 23, 2014, 4:09:02 PM7/23/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, michael...@zodiac.com

I think there is a bug in there somewhere. RMP seemed convinced that a variable that I had defined and since deleted was still active and assigned in the mapping. Once I deleted the whole process, then started from scratch, everything started to work again. But you shouldn't have to delete a process to change a variable name.

Michael

Gareth Thiveux

Jul 24, 2014, 12:58:02 PM7/24/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Michael,

What is the variable you've deleted you refer to ? Is it "mail_body" ?
You mean you've created it, then deleted it and created it again and you weren't able to use it anymore ?

Regards,

Customer Solutions Engineer
 Fujitsu RunMyProcess
3 rue de Gramont, 75002 Paris - France

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

Michael

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Wagner, Michael

Jul 24, 2014, 1:13:31 PM7/24/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello Gareth -

I started with a proof-of-concept, so my mail body variable was simply 'newVar'.

I then learned that you needed to put a version of the process in Live mode in order for the message process to work.  So I did that.

When the proof of concept was working, I decided to use real variable names so changed newVar to mail_body and then mapped it to the mail content.  However, I found that even though "newVar" was not shown in the Process Variables window, I still had to use 'newVar' in the Start->Output Variables->Value column even though "mail_body" was selected as the mapping variable for the mail content.  I just could not understand why "mail_body" was invalid but "newVar" was.  So I deleted the whole process and recreated it with real variable names and created a live version.

I hope that makes sense.  Let me know if you want me to try to recreate the bug.

Michael

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "RunMyProcess Support Forum" group.

MICHAEL WAGNER
PLM Systems Engineer
Zodiac Pool Systems, Inc.
2620 Commerce Way, Vista, CA 92081