File Upload Widget Error

cpspo...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2015, 2:11:21 PM7/16/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Greetings RMP,

I have a user who has run into an issue when interfacing with a file upload widget. The widget is marked as required prior to submission. The user uploads a file, the file shows as having been uploaded, the user hits submit, and an error message pops up saying a value for this field is required and the widget is outlined in red. I don't know why the system thinks that the file hasn't been attached. Do you have any tips on how to correct this issue?

Thanks,
Chris

Takafumi Hoshino

Jul 16, 2015, 2:26:16 PM7/16/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Chris,

I do not have immediate idea of what may be going on.
Can you provide more details.

The widget in question is RMP widget. Right?
(not any custom coded widget, etc)

The widget is placed on the form by itself? or in array widget? or custom widget?

Is this issue observed only for this particular user? or everyone?

Does this happen to that user every time? or once? or sometimes?

FYI,
What I notice about file upload widget is,
1. if variable name is not set, RMP web form cannot detect if value is filled or not (because variable does not exist).
2. After uploading a file, if I delete the file and immediately submit the form, required rule fails to detect value missing.
But both cases seem to be opposite of what you are describing.

Best regards,

Taka

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Taka Hoshino
Fujitsu RunMyProcess
Google Account: thos...@runmyprocess.com

cpspo...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2015, 2:41:44 PM7/16/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Taka,

This is a normal RMP file upload widget without custom code.

The variable name for the file upload widget is revision_upload_1 and has the following code in the required field that state it is required is either the "Send Revision to Initiator" or "Send Revision to Next Reviewer" button are pressed.
"[[reviewer_1_choice]]"== "initiator_revision" || "[[reviewer_1_choice]]"== "next_reviewer"

The user has gone into the screen multiple times and seems to still have the same error.

The widget is on a screen with many other items, but it seems like the widget is the source of the error, since it is highlighted in red.

I have included a screenshot of the form and the process stuck in the task of interest.

Thanks Again,
Chris

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 2.33.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 2.40.05 PM.png

Takafumi Hoshino

Jul 16, 2015, 3:01:05 PM7/16/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

Is "Validation rule" checked-on for this widget?
Both required and invalid fields are marked in red color, so maybe the user's issue is about validation rule.

Validation script is pretty ignorant, so if there is anything that does not calculate to true, it won't let you submit.
For example, if you left a white space in the validation script by mistake, it will always be invalid.

I am not able to reproduce the problem from the information provided.

Best regards,

Taka

Chris

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

angie....@opensky.com.co

Jul 21, 2015, 12:26:12 PM7/21/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi all,

I have the same problem. That happen with different users and that behaviour is just sometimes.

The RMP file upload widget is set as required and it doesn't have validation rule.

Thanks for your help.

Angie Peraza

cpspo...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2015, 12:58:04 PM7/22/15
Taka,

I don't have any verification enabled on the upload widget. I also had another user try and he is encounter the same issue.

Thanks Again,
Chris

cpspo...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2015, 1:07:47 PM7/22/15
Taka,

I have also included a few more details about the circumstances below:
1) The upload widget works properly in the test version with a single user
2) all users in the production version have been given user access rights

Chris

tiagos...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2015, 8:19:09 AM8/14/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, cpspo...@gmail.com

Hi,

Was this issue solved? I'm facing a similar issue and would appreciate any ideas. (link to my issue https://groups.google.com/a/runmyprocess.com/d/msg/supportforum/uQhRHgnaRyg/Ynk3Qg_9EgAJ)

Thank you

cpspo...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2015, 1:43:07 PM8/19/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, cpspo...@gmail.com, tiagos...@gmail.com
Tiago,

This is still an ongoing issue for me as well.

Chris

Angie Lorena Peraza Cárdenas

Aug 19, 2015, 3:16:49 PM8/19/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, cpspo...@gmail.com, tiagos...@gmail.com
Hi all,

I had that problem when I ran the process in acceptance mode and this happened when the users configured in the role were as Acceptance Users but they were not as Authorized Users; so I added them in both sections and this issue doesn't happen anymore.

Imágenes integradas 3

Angie Lorena Peraza Cárdenas
Desarrollador Junior

 "Más allá de la nube"

Carrera 11 # 71 - 41 Of 403
cel: (57) 3105827041
fijo: (57-1) 7568513

 Linkedin Facebook

La información contenida en este correo y sus Anexos es confidencial y solo puede ser utilizada por la persona o empresa a la cual está dirigida. Si Usted no es el receptor autorizado, cualquier retención, difusión, distribución o copia de este correo es prohibida y sancionada por la ley. Si por error recibe este correo, por favor reenviarlo al remitente de OPENSKY y/o borrar el correo inmediatamente. Si no está interesado en continuar recibiendo información o en ser contactado por OPENSKY a través de este medio y no ha recibido este mensaje en razón a sus labores profesionales o por razones institucionales podrá solicitar su retiro de nuestra base de datos por medio del envío de una comunicación a la Cra 11 # 71 - 41 of 403 o por medio de un correo electrónico dirigido a in...@opensky.com.co indicando su nombre, identificación y solicitando su retiro de nuestros archivos. Una vez procesada su solicitud, se eliminará su información de contacto de nuestra base de datos.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---