Create file and save to a folder

matthewda...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2014, 7:27:03 AM7/10/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Dear Support

I have created a workflow triggered by a user interface that collects information about a product but also about the user. Part of the process creates a sub folder on my Google Drive.

Now I need to automatically create a document of some description containing the information captured during the process and save it to the individual folder created on the GDrive.

I see from the support forum that it is possible to create files using the create_file reference in the Freemarker API library: http://docs.runmyprocess.com/API_Reference/FM/File.html

How do I get started with this? Where do I put the code/configure an activity? and how do I save the file to the sub folder created during the process?

Do you have any examples?

Thank you in advance

Tejas Laddha

Jul 10, 2014, 8:01:29 AM7/10/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

Could you give us following information-
1. In which format do you want to create file?
2. Are you using a same folder to store created files?
3. Do you want to create new file on every process triggered or you want to update the existing file?

Thanks and Regards,
Tejas

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Matthew Daniels

Jul 10, 2014, 8:18:59 AM7/10/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Tejas

A txt file format is fine.
The created txt file is unique to the in process so a new txt file for every process triggered.
I don't need to update the txt file once its created and saved in the sub-folder

Matt

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "RunMyProcess Support Forum" group.

Tejas Laddha

Jul 11, 2014, 6:27:06 AM7/11/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com

Hi,

I think you want to create text file using collection data.

It is possible to create text file using collection but that file is not well structured.

It is recommended you to create csv file.

https://groups.google.com/a/runmyprocess.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups=#!searchin/supportforum/JSON2CSV/supportforum/K9dQXttNmTw/BdlmA25AnpkJ

Also find the attached screenshot.

If you want same thing in text format just change the extension of your file to .txt in update_file as I mentioned in screenshot.

Else you can generate pdf file also if you want to create report.

Find the below link to create pdf file-

http://docs.runmyprocess.com/Developer_Guide/Process/Design/PDF

Thanks and Regards,

Tejas