Issue in Runmyprocess

Harv

Sep 5, 2014, 12:14:53 PM9/5/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

I am testing an already created workflow through runmyprocess. I was able to enter comments in the "History - Comments" section when i created a transaction through the workflow. but when this transaction progressed to a manual step i am not able to update the "History - comments " section.

I am also not able to change anything on this transaction.

Is there an issue in runmyprocess currently ? Because this wasnt the case like 30 minutes ago in my testing.

Regards,
Harvinder
Lead Business Analyst

Pray Desai

Sep 5, 2014, 1:01:17 PM9/5/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,
Check the "Rules"tab in the properties of the widget where you were able to enter comments. You need to set the rule to "Active" in each screen where you want it to be editable.

-----------

Rules Tab

Allows you to define state's rule (available/unavailable, active/inactive, visible/invisible) and validation or required rules for a widget without using Javascript functions

  • A widget can be "Available" or not (unavailable) for a given screen : for instance, a widget that should not be available in a web page.

info No rule can be defined for "Availability" property.

  • A widget can be "Active" or not (disabled) for a given screen : for instance, an input text that can't be modified.

  • A widget can be "Visible" or not (invisible) for a given screen : for instance, a Javascript field that you don't want to display to the user.

  • An "input" widget can be "Valid" or not according to a condition : for instance, start_date > end_date.

  • An "input" widget can be "Required" or not according to a condition : for instance, if choice is negative, this field is mandatory.

--
Regards,
Pray Desai,

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Harvinder Wazir

Sep 5, 2014, 1:26:50 PM9/5/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, pde...@runmyprocess.com
Hello Pray,

Basically once this form created in runmyprocess passes from one point in workflow to another i cannot update any field. and yes the rules are set to active and still i am not able
to update. Why would i be facing this error ?

Regards,

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "RunMyProcess Support Forum" group.

Harvinder Wazir,
Customer Services And Innovation group
BCS Global Networks Ltd

5525 Eglinton Ave. W. Unit 128

Toronto, Ontario, M9C 5K5

Phone:     647-722-8516

Cell:         416-320-6472

Web:        www.bcsglobal.com

 leading worldwide provider of video conferencing and collaboration services

London / Toronto / New York / Shanghai / Hong Kong

Bidisha Das

Sep 6, 2014, 2:55:27 AM9/6/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, pde...@runmyprocess.com, hwa...@bcsglobal.com
Hi Harvinder,

From your question what I could get is when you submit your web form,it triggers a work flow and there must be a manual activity in your work flow where you want to update the fields.If this is the case,then please make all the fields as well as History widget of Launch screen visible and active for your Manual screen.Then when you update the process,your updated records and comments gets stored in your History widget and you can see in "Action" column of History widget as "Updated"and the updated comment in "Comment" column.Its working fine for us,so can you please check again.

But if you want to update collection records as you have mentioned that you want to update other fields as well,then you need to write a code in "Update Process" button which will update the process as well as update the fields which are already entered in collection.You can use
javascript: id_collection.updateCallback(pattern,object,callbackSuccess,callbackFailure)
or else freemarker script as : ${update_objects( query, object, collection_name [, multi])}

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha