Access Rights

jess...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2015, 4:30:08 AM3/10/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

I have a question.

I'm currently working on a project with two roles (designer and manager), there are activities that only can to do one role, for example the first activity only the manager must see it, but when I run it in acceptance mode with a user belongs designer role I can see the first activity.

How can I do for deny access at roles or users?

Thanks and regards,

Jessica

Bidisha Das

Mar 10, 2015, 5:18:22 AM3/10/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Jessie,
Are you present in both the roles? Make sure the activity which you want only the manager to see is accessible to Manager role only in Process.Also let me know if it is working fine in test mode?

In order to set a particular section visible/invisible for a role on Web Interface, you can use : ${has_right("role id")}; in js widget or else ${has_right(P_connected_user.login,"role id")} in the visibility rule of that particular widget.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

jessi mj

Mar 10, 2015, 7:41:54 AM3/10/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Bidisha,

I tryed to use  ${has_right("role id")}; and it doesn't working, it shows an error. I Attach image.

However, I would like to know, what steps I have to do for assign a task to a role and this task only can see it these users.

Is it necessary use JavaScript? Is it necessary to configure some parameters, options...?

What I have to  do?

Thank you and kind regards,

Jessica

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Error.png

javiermm...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2015, 8:10:54 AM3/10/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

I'm trying something similar, and I'm having the same problem.
I create a user and I assign him to a role. Then I assign the role to an access right's role, being carefull, and follwoing the teble in:
http://docs.runmyprocess.com/Developer_Guide/Rights/Access_Rights

However, My user's still able to do everything (It's not Admin. It's user>Designer).

Besides, when I've looked the process report, I've found that my process... has disappeared!
It has not been generated any process report on live mode, and neither on test mode, acceptance, automatic... whatever I look, there is no sign about my procees.

What's happening?
How can I manage the permissions to forbid a user to use a proces, activity or web interface?

Regards.

Bidisha Das

Mar 10, 2015, 8:53:01 AM3/10/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,
While designing a process,you need to assign the activities to the roles you want to give access to.Suppose you want the designer to initiate the process,so while creating process,you need to put the start activity in this role.So only Designer can submit the WI form(trigger the process).Suppose you want the next activity to be performed by Manager,so you need to add that role in the process and design the activity in that role.
You can refer to the below link for more clarification on Process design:

If you want the Manager and the Designer to be different,then make sure you don't include the same user to both the roles.Else that person will be able to access both the activities belonging to the Designer as well as Manager.

Regarding your process report,please make sure that your process is getting triggered on click of button so that it would generate report.Also while checking the process report,check the mode properly.Suppose you have submitted a process in test mode and checking the process report in acceptance mode,it won't show any data then.

Regarding has_rights, you can't test it in test console. It works only in Web Interface.Suppose you want a particular widget to be visible only for a particular role,then you can go to the rules tab of that widget and write ${has_right(P_connected_user.login,"role id")} in its Visible script. So if the connected user belongs to this role,then he will be able to see that particular section else not.

Please let me know if you have further queries.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

javiermm...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2015, 5:08:16 AM3/11/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

Well I'm going to try to explain my situation the best I can.

I have two users that were created like users type (not admin). Each one of them has been included in a different role that I created before. Besides, Each role has been included in an different access right type. Of course, the process has been build in a way that some activities can only be done by a role, and some others can only be done by another one.

Thereby, one of my users is User type and user access type, and his activities are in the correct place of my process for that purposse.

However, when I try it in Live mode, I cannot submitt the form, although when I try it in Test mode, it works. That is getting me crazy because in the access right table of the RMP documentation, in section web interfaces, appears exactly the opposite (Live/private - R/W & Test- None).

Where is the problem?

Regards.

P.S: My web interface is private.

P.S.2: One more thing, the JS code you wrote on the prevous post, is it correct to write it into the pre-launch script in the button for submitting the form?

Bidisha Das

Mar 11, 2015, 6:30:45 AM3/11/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,
Make sure you include the role(in your case Designer) whom you want the process to initiate the process in Users in Project's access rights tab so that the person belonging to this role can submit the process in LIVE mode.
Its clearly mentioned in the link in Processeshttp://docs.runmyprocess.com/Developer_Guide/Rights/Access_Rights

The js I mentioned above ${has_right(P_connected_user.login,"role id")} works at a Web Interface level.Suppose you want to make a particular widget visible/invisible based on role,then you can use this in the Visible script inside the Rules tab of that widget. As a result if the connected user belongs to the role you mentioned inside it,then he can see that section on launch of the WI else he can't.It can also be used for making a particular widget active/inactive based on roles.You need to then write it in the Active script inside the Rules tab.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha