Problem reconnecting activities on process designer

ranil....@industrieit.com

Jan 12, 2016, 6:53:08 PM1/12/16
Hi Folks,

I am reworking some existing processes. As part of that effort I have had to remove some of the existing connections between activities but when I tried to reconnect existing activities, the UI doesn't let me do it.

I can select the starting activity and when I place the mouse over the boundary of the activity, it changes to a small circle which is fine. When I click, it changes to trying to create a connection icon, but when I hoover over the destination activity, it remains as a circle with a cross and won't let me create a connection.

The destination activity is a connector type and already as a output path and an error path set.
I can create a new activity and duplicate the existing destination connector but that is time consuming and error prone.

Is there any particular steps necessary when trying to reconnect or reconfigure existing activities in a process?

Kind regards
Ranil

Murali

Jan 13, 2016, 12:06:26 AM1/13/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, ranil....@industrieit.com
Hi Ranil,

Wait for the white circle with arrow on connecting step and click on it, Refer to attachment to get visual of it.

Let me know if that helps and revert with more details/screenshot for additional help required.

Regards,
Murali
Reconnect steps of a process.png

Ranil De Silva

Jan 13, 2016, 8:00:52 PM1/13/16
to Murali, Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, Elkington, James
Hi Murali,

Added a video as it is difficult to describe otherwise. Normally connecting new activities aren't a problem but there seems to be issues reconnecting existing activities.

Thanks
Ranil
--

Ranil De Silva

Senior Software Engineer

Industrie IT Pty Ltd | ABN 64 125 306 658
Level 5, 50 Carrington St. Sydney NSW 2000
1300 491 589 | 0424 265 254 | ranil....@industrieit.com

This email is confidential and intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed.
RMP can't connect.mov

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 14, 2016, 2:25:07 AM1/14/16
Hi Ranil,

RunMyProcess IDE validation allows only one output on activity which is taken by the intermediary event out activity.

Please remove the intermediary event out activity and then connect the activity, once connect, you can add the intermediary event again on the activity.

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--