Regular expression not working in number input widget

panci...@gmail.com

May 11, 2017, 12:14:41 PM5/11/17
Hello,
I am trying to add a pattern to a number input widget, but nothing works.
The documentation says that the pattern must be a regular expression.
I have tried some regular expressions but nothing works (for example: ^[0-8]*$ doesn't work; if I use this regular expression in a text input widget, it works).
What I want to accomplish in the number input widget is that the user must enter a number of the following format: 23434,40 where the comma comes before the decimal part; if the number is an integer there must be two zeroes after the comma (for example if the user write 2345, the number must become 2345,00). How can I accomplish this?
Thank you.
Daniela
pattern_number.png

Prachi Chandak

May 11, 2017, 1:17:37 PM5/11/17
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, panci...@gmail.com
Hi Daniela,

This is the predefined functionality of Number input field.
If you want that input will only be numbers with comma separated. So, you can use JavaScript which validates the input values.
Please refer this link click here , may be it will help to resolve your issue.

Feel free for any further queries.

Regards.
Prachi

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

panci...@gmail.com

May 11, 2017, 1:30:48 PM5/11/17
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, panci...@gmail.com
Hi Prachi, thanks for your answer.
The default format for the number widget has the point before the decimal and not the comma (see attached image).
So, if I want this format I have to use js or use a text input. But if I use a text input, can I do computation on those numbers (that are actually text)?
Thank you,
Daniela
importo_number.png

Prachi Chandak

May 11, 2017, 2:00:04 PM5/11/17
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, panci...@gmail.com
Hi,

Yes you can use text input widget and convert the string input number "1235" into integer/decimal etc, then use into your calculations and manipulations.

Hope this will help you. Do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards
Prachi
Daniela

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Gunjan Rajgure

May 13, 2017, 12:46:19 AM5/13/17
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, panci...@gmail.com
Hello  Daniela,

Could you please confirm that, given solution fulfill your requirement?

Please feel free to contact with us for any kind of query.

Regards
Gunjan
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess Support

Dipen Raval

May 15, 2017, 2:40:01 AM5/15/17
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, panci...@gmail.com

Hi Daniela,

Could you please confirm that issue has been clarified?

Please don't hesitate for any further query.

Thanks & Regards
Dipen Raval
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess Support

panci...@gmail.com

May 15, 2017, 12:22:29 PM5/15/17
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, panci...@gmail.com
Hello,
yes I have created a text input widget, then I have converted the text in number so that I can use it to do computation.
It has been a bit tricky because, in addition to this, I have used a validation rule and it wouldn't allow me to continue if I left the field blank, but then I found a workaroud.
Thanks for the support.
Daniela