Custom Widget - User input

stor...@gmail.com

May 14, 2018, 9:18:23 AM5/14/18
Hi there.

I have been trying to figure out if it is possible to set up a custom widget to have input dialogs when it is being used. Input like the normal widgets, that is.

For example, having a widget that sets up a information box where the information is dynamic, rather than having to re-write the entire html5 each time.

Does anyone know if this is possible, and maybe how? I've been looking around the docs but havn't found anything :(

Regards
Svensson, Peter

Pankaj Kumar

May 14, 2018, 8:25:52 PM5/14/18

Kindly share more details on your requirement in order to suggest you more on this also kindly elaborate more on below lines as functionality to implement is not described in deail.

" For example, having a widget that sets up a information box where the information is dynamic, rather than having to re-write the entire html5 each time.'

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

stor...@gmail.com

May 15, 2018, 2:21:07 AM5/15/18
Hi there.

So I'll explain the complete scenario. I have been tasked to create a unified css stylesheet for all of our projects. Which is going well enough on it's own.

However, some developers have added their own html blocks for various reasons. Now I am supposed to add css to these elements, which also means that whenever these html blocks are reused they need to be written in the same way. Otherwise the css will not work.

My idea was to use custom widgets to define the html in a reusable way as it would ensure that a developer would not make a mistake when implementing the element.

I have added pictures in hopes to explain a bit clearer. It's simply a information box which will show it's content when a user hovers over the (i)-icon. What I would like is to create that as a custom widget where the developer could define the text content without having to rewrite the html.

So what I really wonder is if it is possible to add a new input-box for the developer when using the custom widget, as with all other widgets, where they could add their own content? Something I would have access to as a variable inside the element?

Thank you for the reply and I hope I've been a little more clear now :)

Regards
Svensson, Peter

Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG

stor...@gmail.com

May 17, 2018, 7:22:55 AM5/17/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, stor...@gmail.com
Hi again!

What I would like to have is a custom widget that contains a html snippet. Something like this:

Where the ${input_variable} was replaced by a variable that the developer using the custom widget can define.

From what I can see, this functionality does not exist as of yet in RunMyProcess. Is there somewhere I can request functionalities? Or is it something that is planned in the upcomming overhaul of the system?

Regards
Svensson, Peter

stor...@gmail.com

May 25, 2018, 4:20:43 AM5/25/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, stor...@gmail.com
I suppose it is possible to solve this through javascript. But I think it would make things much more complicated for the developers coming after me to use.

The intention is to make it as easy and straight forward to use with RunMyProcess as possible. Is there anywhere I could request functionality like this?

Regards
Svensson, Peter

Pankaj Kumar

May 25, 2018, 4:42:11 AM5/25/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, stor...@gmail.com
Hi Svensson,

Sorry for delay in response. We will raise the enhancement on your behalf and RMP R&D team will consider it as per heir planned schedule and this request feasibilityand merit in platform.

I actually need some more information regarding this enhancement. Kindly let me know your availability on Monday 28/05/2018 for a hangout call in order to get more understanding on this.

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

Regards
Svensson, Peter

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

stor...@gmail.com

May 25, 2018, 4:47:17 AM5/25/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, stor...@gmail.com
Hi there.

I am available between 12:00 and 16:00 CET in that Monday. I hope that will work well for you as well :)

Thank you for taking this feature in consideration, I really do believe that it will be very useful for other users as well.

Regards
Svensson, Peter

Pankaj Kumar

May 25, 2018, 5:27:22 AM5/25/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, stor...@gmail.com
Hi Svensson,

Thanks for confirming the schedule, I will send you meeting invitation as per your availability on Monday.

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

Regards
Svensson, Peter

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

stor...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2018, 4:03:54 AM6/20/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, stor...@gmail.com
Hi there.

During the meeting you agreed to create an improvement suggestion for this (based on extra information that I have sent since then).

How has that been going?
Is there any place I can go to be able to follow the task?

Regards
Svensson, Peter