setting reports

maybeg...@gmail.com

May 23, 2014, 5:58:57 PM5/23/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi

I just wanna know, if I can reach this approach:
I have a custom list called "projects", with all the "projects" of my company.
I need that these "projects" will be referred with people of my company.

So if I have a "project" called "projectA", I need that the people related with this project, will have "view rights" in a report. And with "projectB", "projectC" and so on...

In this report I need that the informatión will be filtered by these people, in other words, if I have people related with "projectA" , they only can see the info of "projectA" and they can't see the info related to "projectB".

Could you show me a way or a path? or is this posible in RMP?

Thanks
att: nes

Gareth Thiveux

May 26, 2014, 9:13:54 AM5/26/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

You can play with those functions on web interface side :
- ${has_right
(P_connected_user.login, id_of_the_lane_you_want_to_check)} : returns true if the connected user is a member of the lane (replace id_of_the_lane_you_want_to_check by the id of the lane)
- ${P_connected_user.extended.name_of_your_metadata} : returns the value of the connected user's metadata

(replace name_of_your_metadata by the name of metadata you want to retreive)

Or directly on report side, you can filter on connected user's metadata with the following syntax : [[user.extended.name_of_your_metadata]]
(cf. User Guide for more details about web interface reports).

Regards,

Customer Solutions Engineer
 Fujitsu RunMyProcess
3 rue de Gramont, 75002 Paris - France

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

maybeg...@gmail.com

May 26, 2014, 9:39:03 AM5/26/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, maybeg...@gmail.com
Hi Gareth.

For example if I use [[user.extended.name_of_your_metadata]], in which part of the report could I write it?

And name_of_your_metadata refers to a name, for example a custom list name, right?

Thanks.

Gareth Thiveux

May 27, 2014, 5:39:37 AM5/27/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

The screenshot below shows where to use the [[user.extended.name_of_your_metadata]] syntax.
Images intégrées 1

name_of_your_metadata refers to the name of the metadata field you want to consider.
You'll see below the steps in order to create a new metadata field (type_of_case for this example).
Images intégrées 2

You'll then have to fill in the value of your metadata at the user level.

Regards,

Customer Solutions Engineer
 Fujitsu RunMyProcess
3 rue de Gramont, 75002 Paris - France

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

maybeg...@gmail.com

May 30, 2014, 1:14:39 PM5/30/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, maybeg...@gmail.com
Hi Gareth

I'm glad you could help me, I appreciate your detailed answer.

so if I want to make a test with this approach, Does it need to be in "live mode"?

I mean how can I test it?, because in test mode it doesn't show me anything.
For testing purpose, I use my account of course with admon rights.

In other words, I want to certain users could see determinated info in the WI report.
But how does it works?,
For example :

if a user with metadata called "A", open a WI report, and I configured with
[[user.extended.name_of_your_metadata]] in the settings report; so the user with metadata "A", can only see the column with the "A" information, right?

Thanks
att: Nes

Gareth Thiveux

May 30, 2014, 8:01:48 PM5/30/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, Nesgeek Cepeda
Hi,

This approach works in any mode.
The filter will be applied on rows, not on columns.

Let's take an example :
The forms you're submitting are related to a country.
And you want people manager of a country only to see in their web interface report the forms that have been submitted related to their country and not the others.
If I have been tagged as manager of France (through my metadata), in my web interface report, I should only see forms related to France (and not the ones related to USA, Germany, UK ...).
So I've created a user metadata called "Country", and for my user, this value equals "France".
Now in the process related to the web interface I'm creating a report on, I need to create a measure which will contain the country the form is related to. So let's say this measure is called "Request Country".
Finally, the filter I should then create on my web interface report is : Request Country = [[user.extended.Country]]
which means only display in this report the submitted requests where the measure "Request Country" equals the metadata "Country" of the connected user.

Is that clear enough ?

Regards,

Customer Solutions Engineer
 Fujitsu RunMyProcess
3 rue de Gramont, 75002 Paris - France

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

Thanks
att: Nes

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

maybeg...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2014, 12:35:58 PM6/4/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, maybeg...@gmail.com
Thanks Gareth, I really appreciate such a detailed answer.

It's clear. And it works very well :]

I'm just wonder how could I set a user to more than a one country?

I mean taking the example you gave me, how can I configure a user that has 2 or 3 countries related to(and how can I achieve this)?, this user can see the reports of this countries.

A thousand thanks.

att: nes

Gareth Thiveux

Jun 4, 2014, 1:26:38 PM6/4/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, Nesgeek Cepeda
Hi,

If a user is related to several countries, you can whether keep the Country metadata field as a text field and fill in as a list of countries separated per commas : France,Germany,USA,UK
Or switch the Country metadata field to as list type instead, and select the related countries of the user.

In both cases, you'll also need to adapt the filter on report side, and switch from Request Country = [[user.extended.Country]] to Request Country in [[user.extended.Country]]