Is Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (W3C) supported by RMP?

oliver.p...@est.fujitsu.com

Jul 29, 2013, 3:17:24 AM7/29/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,
the Browser does not allow me to call the Composite API because of the Same-Origin-Policy.

1. I load a page from http://localhost:8080/myapp
2. I am calling the Composite API at live.runmyprocess.com
3. Error response:
Failed to load resource: Origin http://localhost:8080 is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin.

Is Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) not supported by RMP or do I have to configure it?

Nicolas Triballier

Jul 29, 2013, 4:25:20 AM7/29/13
to supportforum
Hi Oliver,

issue is not on RunMyProcess side, it's a browser security mechanism, preventing from performing cross domain requests.

Why don't you create your 'page' on RunMyProcess, as a webinterface?

ttyl

NIcolas

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

oliver.p...@est.fujitsu.com

Jul 29, 2013, 5:02:01 AM7/29/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, oliver.p...@est.fujitsu.com
I have created a mobile app with the qooxdoo framework. This generates a WAR file with a bunch of static HTML and Javascript files. Can these be hosted in my RMP project?

The browser is able to make cross domain calls by using "Cross-Origin Resource Sharing" (standard from W3C). This involves the server as well. RMP would respond with the header field "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" when the browser is sending the request header "Origin".