Parallel tasks problem

juan.g...@opensky.com.co

Sep 29, 2016, 4:32:03 PM9/29/16
Hi guys,

I have a process with three manual tasks in parallel. (See 1)

Once they are completed, there's a validation manual task where I can choose to go back to any of the three previous tasks. (See 2)

The problem is when I choose to go back to any task, I receive the selected task, but, I also get the validation manual task again. (See 3)

Any help would be appreciated.

1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG

Murali

Sep 30, 2016, 6:06:27 AM9/30/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, juan.g...@opensky.com.co
Hi Juan,

After reviewing the related process configs, assuming that "manual task" in configured by name "Revision..", current process flow/execution needs to pass by the "manual task" all the times.

If you require to skip "manual task" for the second time or some business condition, you can introduce additional gateway(XOR) before the "manual task" to go through it as per business condition.

Please let us know for any additional clarifications.

Regards,
Murali
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

juan.g...@opensky.com.co

Sep 30, 2016, 9:45:48 AM9/30/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, juan.g...@opensky.com.co
Hi Murali,

Actually I'm receiving the "Revision" task at the same time I receive the selected task to go back to.

RMP is not waiting for the completion of the parallel tasks to send me the "Revision" task. It's happening only for the second time, first time it works ok.

As you can see in the attached process execution, I came back four times to the same task . But the "Revision" task is waiting in iteration 5.

4.PNG
5.PNG

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 1, 2016, 12:27:26 PM10/1/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, juan.g...@opensky.com.co
Hi Juan,

Once the task will sent back to previous activity, it will be in completed state and changes to waiting state once all the activity in loop back is completed and process execution return to this activity. Please refer to attached screen print.
Please share more information on how you are looping back in order to suggest you more on this as I am not able to reproduce this issue.

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

1.png

juan.g...@opensky.com.co

Oct 3, 2016, 12:48:31 PM10/3/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, juan.g...@opensky.com.co
Hi Pantaj,

I've seen the process you created. There's an important difference with mine. Once you go back to the parallel tasks, all of them are assigned; that's because you are not using a XOR (split) gateway before each task to validate whether it should be assigned or not (depending on the decision made on the Revision task). You are using XOR (join) before each parallel task.

In the Revision task, I choose which tasks I want to do again, it may be 1 of them or all 3.

I tried to set an event before the revision task just to make sure the issue only happens with activities; but once I went back to the parallel task I selected, the clock also changed status to waiting. See attachment.

1a.PNG

juan.g...@opensky.com.co

Oct 3, 2016, 12:55:13 PM10/3/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, juan.g...@opensky.com.co
One more thing:

I dont get this problem when I'm the Revision task and I choose to go back to all the 3 parallel tasks. See image.

It's happening only when I choose to go back to one or two of the parallel tasks.

2a.PNG

Richard Manga

Oct 4, 2016, 6:04:12 AM10/4/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, juan.g...@opensky.com.co
Good Morning Sir,
The issue is with the process configuration;
If you want to go back to a specific task, you should configure the process differently: your go back arrow should go directly at the input of your task.
Regards,
Richard

juan.g...@opensky.com.co

Oct 4, 2016, 3:34:10 PM10/4/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, juan.g...@opensky.com.co
Hi guys,

I solved this issue creating a subprocess for the parallel tasks.

Thanks for your help.

10.PNG
11.PNG