Report data filtered by user after google domain change

ciche...@fatergroup.com

Feb 26, 2015, 6:24:51 AM2/26/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello,
because of Google accounts domain migration we applied delegations to all accounts to delegate from us...@old.domain to us...@new.domain.

Now, we have some report that do not display data of process started with old domain:
1) process report with filter variable/measure = [[user]]
2) process report with filter Started by --> Connected user

Infact, these reports display only processes started with user1@newdomain,
but not processes started with us...@old.domain

How can we create a report to include data for old and new user or at least create an alternate reports that somehow filter the connected user altering the domain ?

Thank you!

Bidisha Das

Feb 26, 2015, 9:19:51 AM2/26/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,
You can create a separate report with filter= us...@old.domain because the current filter which you have applied will generate report based on the Login/Connected user which is us...@new.domain. But make sure that the process instances with old ids exist after delegation otherwise it won't show any records.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

ciche...@fatergroup.com

Feb 26, 2015, 9:44:44 AM2/26/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Bidisha,
yes, I would create a new report but how can I tell RMP to filter for userl...@old.domain ?
Is there a way, for example, to alter the variable [[user]] changing the contained old domain ?
Or, is there a way to filter just for the account cutting characters after "@" ?

Thank you!

Bidisha Das

Feb 26, 2015, 10:31:20 AM2/26/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,
You can use Started by contains user1 in filter instead of using us...@old.domain and check if its showing all the records(old as well as new domain).

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

ciche...@fatergroup.com

Feb 26, 2015, 11:02:06 AM2/26/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Bidisha,
at the moment we have reports with
1) filter "Started by" --> "Connected user"
2) filter "measure name" = "[[user]]

Assuming that I change, for both 1) and 2), the operator with "contains",
how can I change the pattern "user" so that it refers to the account without the domain ?

Thank you.

Bidisha Das

Feb 27, 2015, 4:35:47 AM2/27/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,
Would you let me know what is this "user" you are using in filter? Is it the login user's id? You can do one thing, store the login user's name in metadata, store it in Web Interface in a variable and then use that variable in measure and add filter as [[user.name]]. You can also use Started by contains [[user.name]] in filter provided the name and the name in the id are same.It will then filter on basis of name and not id.

Please let me know if still facing issue.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

ciche...@fatergroup.com

Feb 27, 2015, 11:04:59 AM2/27/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello Bidisha,
the metadata would "patch" the problem even if it requires to fill the info for all users.
Anyway, we found that the correct syntax is "user.extended.xxx" where xxx is the metadata variable.
Do you know if the filter accepts also some other characters ?
Like i.e.: Started by contains [[user.extended.name]]+"@"

Thank you.

Bidisha Das

Feb 28, 2015, 8:17:18 AM2/28/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,
You can't use in that way. You can either filter on basis of name of login user using  [[user.extended.name]] where name is the metadata variable or else you can filter on basis of id of login user using Started by contains [[user.login]] or Connected user.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

ciche...@fatergroup.com

Mar 2, 2015, 8:27:21 AM3/2/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,
is the filter for metadata variable case sensitive ?

Thank you.

Bidisha Das

Mar 4, 2015, 1:39:44 AM3/4/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Cichella,
Yes.it is case-sensitive. You should use the same variable in filter which you saved in user metadata.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha