Updated metadata not affecting Scripted Entities/ Roles

travis....@teknion.com

Mar 7, 2016, 4:54:52 PM3/7/16
Hello RMP Team,

My issue is that users are not being included in entities/roles after their metadata is being updated.

I am using the function P_change_metadata in a Custom API which I am calling multiple times via Javascipt. It runs through a CSV file of users that are already in the system. The CSV file is transformed into a JSON object which is then passed to the P_change_metadata function.

In the User metadata tab on the RMP IDE I do not see any off the Scripted Entities/ Roles.

If I manually go into a users metadata through the RMP IDE under the Users tab, edit their metadata, and save, then the entities/roles appear.

Pankaj Kumar

Mar 8, 2016, 5:27:14 AM3/8/16

I make some test on changing meta data by "P_change_metadata" method and check the scripted lane after clicking the "calculate" button in Acceptance mode. Scripted lanes displayed the updated user as per the meta data changed. Please check if Composite API is updating the user meta data correctly, if yes, its should be showing correctly in scripted lanes.

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--

teknion.com <http://www.teknion.com>

<https://www.facebook.com/Teknion> <https://twitter.com/teknion>
<https://www.pinterest.com/teknion/>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/teknion> <https://instagram.com/teknion/>
<https://www.youtube.com/Teknion>
<https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/teknion-eshow-chicago/id529619476?mt=8>

Confidentiality Notice: This communication, including any attachments, may
contain information that is confidential and privileged. [It may constitute
non-public information and is intended to be conveyed only to the
designated recipient(s).] If the reader or recipient of this communication
is not the intended recipient, or you believe that you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and
promptly delete this e-mail including any attachments without reading or
saving them in any manner. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is
prohibited and may be unlawful. We accept no responsibility for changes
made to this e-mail or to any attachments after transmission from our
office.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Message has been deleted

Travis Vliegen

Mar 8, 2016, 10:34:16 AM3/8/16
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hey Pankaj,

  The only code in the Composite API is ${P_change_metadata(email,application,file)}.

email = a user email
application = the app name in the metadata (Ex/ app_po)
file = *See attached image.

The metadata shows the correct changes, but the scripted roles do not pick up the new changes.

I have noticed that all users being run through this CAPI now have default Entities/ Roles... even though they had roles prior to the metadata update.

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 10:31 AM, Travis Vliegen <travis....@teknion.com> wrote:
Hey Pankaj,

  The only code in the Composite API is ${P_change_metadata(email,application,file)}.

email = a user email
application = the app name in the metadata (Ex/ app_po)
file = *See attached image.

The metadata shows the correct changes, but the scripted roles do not pick up the new changes.

I have noticed that all users being run through this CAPI now have default Entities/ Roles... even though they had roles prior to the metadata update.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community" group.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/a/runmyprocess.com/group/supportforum/.

--
Travis Vliegen

--
Travis Vliegen

capture_metadata_snip.PNG

Travis Vliegen

Mar 10, 2016, 3:58:09 PM3/10/16
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Has there been any advancements in this issue?

It looks like the only issue is that the scripted lanes aren't compiling when a metadata change is being made.

Is there a way I can force compile an individuals metadata roles/entities?

Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community

Mar 10, 2016, 6:03:52 PM3/10/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, travis....@teknion.com
Hi Travis,

Did you execute CAPI for changing metadata in all 3 modes ? As you may know, we have metadata maintained separately in TEST, ACC and LIVE, so you may need to change in all three modes and then check scripted lane.

Regards,
Pray Desai,
Fujitsu RunMyProcess.

Fujitsu - RunMyProcess