Setup of SEC SMTP Adapter as a Provider for email tasks

tom....@mycit.ie

Jul 14, 2014, 10:42:41 AM7/14/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
I've set up the SEC with the Protocol Manager and SMTP Adapter.
Can you advise on how to configure an SMTP Provider that makes the Adapter available for use in Email tasks?

Pray Desai

Jul 14, 2014, 11:50:59 AM7/14/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Tom,

You need to have a provider in your RMP project for SEC as mentioned at the end of this documentation :

Atatched are screenshots of a sample RMP provider for SEC and a sample connector for SMTP or any service.

The content for the POST request body in SMTP connector can be made dynamic as shown in the example below :

{
"protocol":"SMTP",
"data":{
        "username":"exa...@acme.com",
        "password":{
            "encoder":"base64",
            "password":"myPassword"
        },
        "from":"${from_email}",
        "to":"${to_email}",
        "subject":"${subject}",
        "body":"${body}"
    }
}

You can send these variables (from, to..) from your process input variables that calls this connector.

Regards,
Pray Desai,
Fujitsu RunMyProcess.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

sec-provider.png
sec-connector.png

tom....@mycit.ie

Jul 14, 2014, 12:03:29 PM7/14/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
I'm setting up an Email Task.
How can I configure a provider for use in an Email Task, which uses the SEC SMTP Adapter?

Pray Desai

Jul 14, 2014, 5:53:09 PM7/14/14
If you are using "Email" task, you need to configure your own email provider in your account. You cannot use SEC SMTP adapter for "email" task activity.
Here is an example of configuring a Gmail provider :

If you have a corporate mail server and it exposes SMTP url and port number, then you can use them and create your provider as shown in the above link. Then use this mail provider in "email" task to send an email. Just configure From,To,Subject,Body fields in the "email" task.

Another option is that you can use SEC SMTP adapter for "connector" task activity only where you call SEC connector as I mentioned previously in a sample. This connector is a POST request where you specify email from,to,body in its content.

You need to choose one of the above two options.

Regards,
Pray Desai,
Fujitsu RunMyProcess.
On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 9:03 AM, <tom....@mycit.ie> wrote:
I'm setting up an Email Task.
How can I configure a provider for use in an Email Task, which uses the SEC SMTP Adapter?
--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Thanks,
Pray Desai
Solutions Architect, Global Software Center
 Fujitsu RunMyProcess