Running long Script execution time

alpa...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2017, 7:30:34 AM6/20/17
Hi team,

I'm just running a document uploading and processing by a Long Freemarker Script task. Thing is I have read in the next link that the execution limit is 5 minutes, I mean, is It a real limit, the process and the execution stops in 5 minutes? Because I need more time to process it and I'm not sure if there is another way.

A pleasure to work with you all

Regards and best wishes

Ghanshyam Mule

Jun 20, 2017, 10:17:00 AM6/20/17
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, Alex Torr
Hi Alex,

The process and activity execution time limits are independent.
For long running script activity duration is 5 min. In case of process, each activity executes independently, which is not considered as process execution time.

If you other queries please feel free to ask us.

Regards,
Ghanshyam

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

alpa...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2017, 6:13:08 AM6/21/17
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, alpa...@gmail.com
Hi Ghanshyam,

Thaks for the info, I have been executing my code and I had 7 minutes of execution time, I understand that the 5 minutes limitation are "real time" and not "execution time". Thing is I need to compromise to a client and I'd like to know if there is any way to know the execution time/effective time or whatever to be able to size the project and be sure that it is never go through you boundaries.

Regards

Alex

Abhilash Sambhare

Jun 21, 2017, 9:11:34 AM6/21/17
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, Alex Torr
Hi Alex,

Can you please share with us how are implementing your business scenario.It will give us the clear idea so that we can provide you proper solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Abhilash Sambhare
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

alpa...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2017, 5:17:43 AM6/22/17
Hi Abhilash,

I have 4 In-process vars with scripts which read 2 files and then check information from collection and save in collection in case of need.

It last me 7 minutes and I just want to know if this is possible because of "real" and "execution" times or i have to modify my bussines logic not to be over 5 minutes

regards

Abhilash Sambhare

Jun 22, 2017, 7:36:26 AM6/22/17
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, Alex Torr
Hi Alex,

It seems that the business logic you want to implement involves complex manipulation.

You are writing the scripts for reading the files so it is taking time to execute it.Moreover you are also checking the information from collection and performing operations on it.

According to me it would be better if you check form your end and try to optimize the business logic(I mean to say script).

Hope this helps you.Please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks & Regards,
Abhilash Sambhare
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---
Message has been deleted

alpa...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2017, 7:46:19 AM6/22/17
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, alpa...@gmail.com
Sorry for the last message which was referred to another forum question.

I have a long script with the logic that i said and I can execute for more than 5 minutes, I need to know the real limitation not to produce a service wich is not stable..

sorry for my last response

regards

Abhilash Sambhare

Jun 29, 2017, 7:27:40 AM6/29/17
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, Alex Torr
Hi Alex,

Solution is provided on this issue.Please refer this post.

Thanks & Regards,
Abhilash Sambhare
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

regards

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Gunjan Rajgure

Jul 1, 2017, 2:43:03 AM7/1/17
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, Alex Torr
Hello Alex,

Could you please confirm that issue has been resolve?
Awaiting for your response.

Please feel free to contact us for any further query.

Best Regards
Gunjan Rajgure
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess Support

Dipen Raval

Jul 3, 2017, 7:44:21 AM7/3/17
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, Alex Torr
Hi Alex

Awaiting for your feedback to update the case.

Thanks & Regards,
Dipen Raval
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

alpa...@gmail.com