Error updating/uploading collection

tedd...@nana.com

Aug 31, 2018, 2:49:20 PM8/31/18
I'm trying to add a company to our collection file of companies. I downloaded the file in Test mode in JSON format.. updated it and tried to upload/update the Test mode in JSON format and with overwrite and keep index checkboxes checked, but got this error:

The data import from file "xxxxxx19" for the collection "entities" (mode: "TEST" and project "yyyy") has failed.
Reason: "java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to org.bson.types.ObjectId".
If the error is suggesting an internal problem, please contact the support team.

Help?

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 31, 2018, 7:55:20 PM8/31/18

Importing data in collection in "JSON" format currently giving the error, We will update you once this issue will fixed.

Kindly try to import the data in "BSON" format also to update the data in collection, please design a  back-office for collection.

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

tedd...@nana.com

Sep 1, 2018, 1:05:59 AM9/1/18
Thanks for verifying the JSON upload doesn't work, Pankaj.

For new users to MongoDB like me, this is what I did to resolve:

Download the collection in BSON format
download the MongoDB community edition and install
mongorestore the file into a collection in a mongo database
use db.collection.insertOne() to add a record
mongodump the BSON file
then upload into RMP and import into the collection

Gunjan Rajgure

Sep 5, 2018, 12:05:46 PM9/5/18
Hello There,

Could you please confirm that issue has been clarified?
Awaiting for your response.

Please do feel free to contact us for any further query you should have.

Thanks & Regards,
Gunjan Rajgure
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Thanks & Regards
Gunjan Rajgure
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess Support

tedd...@nana.com

Sep 5, 2018, 2:20:17 PM9/5/18
Hi Gunjan,

Has the JSON import feature been fixed?

Thanks

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 6, 2018, 12:08:12 AM9/6/18

Sorry for the inconvenience, We will update you once this issue will be fixed.