pattern & validation

project...@gmail.com

May 29, 2015, 5:45:40 AM5/29/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello,

I am trying to setup a simple 2 steps formular validation process. My formular is defined in a widget and inserted in a web interface. The first step works properly, I am able to key data and start the process, but in the next step, for validation, some of the intiial data are not displayed in the form. In fact, it is curious as only the data keyed in an array are copied from the first step. All other data, coming from textfields or list are not copied.

I have also a problem with validation patterns, none of them works, as soon I as attach a validation pattern to a field, the field keeps saying that the input is incorrect.

thanks for your help

Manu

Sweta Suman

May 30, 2015, 4:41:47 AM5/30/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

I am not able to understand your requirement completely.

Could you please elaborate the kind of validation process you want to set up and ways you tried to implement it ?

Also it would be great if you could share some screenshots so that we can help you quickly.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Thanks,
Sweta
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

project...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2015, 4:07:56 AM6/1/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
hello

I solved the first part of my problem. It was related to the fact that I am using a web interface widget in my form. To work properly, the widget control in the form needs to have a variable associated. in which case, the content of the form during validation is filled with the content entered at initiation. what was surprising is that the variable is not needed if the widget contains only an array.

The second issue with the regular expression to validate input is however not solved. I copy/paste the regular expression coming from the documentation, let's say for the email validation. When I test the form, it complains that the email is wrong even if the email I keyed is perfectly valid.

manu

project...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2015, 8:42:44 AM6/1/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, project...@gmail.com
I've understood what was the problem with patterns:

1. The documentation gives some example of patterns (http://docs.runmyprocess.com/User_Guide/Development_Environment/Toolbox/Web_Interfaces/Widget/TextInput_Widget) with double '\' as in java to escape the backslash character which is not desired in the validation context... so you should correct the documentation. Once these double backslash are removed, validation works as expected.

2. The behaviour of the validation patterns when used in columns of an array seems not correct. validation never succeed and worst, if a default value is specified, the validation pattern is preprended to the value in test mode.

The form is defined in a separate widget

See attachments.

regards
ssrmp1.jpg
ssrmp2.jpg