Updating a process externally by a non Administrator user

sivak...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2014, 10:21:40 AM7/22/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

We need to update a process from an external webinterface by a regular user (non administrator). The process would be waiting on a manual task and the user who would be updating the process is the owner of the manual task.

We are getting a Forbidden error while trying to update the process. But if we make the user an administrator, we are able to update it. But we need this to be done by a regular user.

Can you please help us on what we are missing?

Thank you!

Regards,
Siva

Bidisha Das

Jul 22, 2014, 1:38:08 PM7/22/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sivak...@gmail.com
Hi,
Can you please include the particular role of your process into the "User" option of Access rights tab of your project.It seems like you have included the role only in the "Designer" option of Access right's type.You can do it in this way:

Go to Access rights tab -> Select Access right's type from drop down as "User" -> Drag the particular role you are using in the process to the Access right's type -> Users belonging to that role would now be authorized to open the Web Interface(Manual Screen) attached to the Manual Task of your Process

Please let me know if your issue got solved.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

sivak...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2014, 5:30:46 PM7/22/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sivak...@gmail.com
Hi Bidisha Das,

I have added all the roles in to the "Users" access right. Also, I want to mention to re-iterate that I am trying to update a process from an external webinterface. Not from any manual task which would be simple.

The user who is trying to update the process externally actually owns the manual task of the process.

Please let me know if you need any further info.

Thank you!

Regards,
Siva

Bidisha Das

Jul 23, 2014, 6:53:59 AM7/23/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sivak...@gmail.com
Hi Siva,
Would you please let me know what exactly you mean by External Web Interface? Is your Web Interface attached to the Manual Activity of your process or else you are trying update the process using a Web Form framed in some other platform outside RMP.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

sivak...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2014, 10:19:39 AM7/23/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sivak...@gmail.com
Hi Bidisha,

We are trying to update the process from a Launchable web interface from the same project but not attached to a manual activity of the process we are trying to update. Nothing outside RMP.

Regards,
Siva

sivak...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2014, 2:27:57 PM7/25/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sivak...@gmail.com
Hi Bidhisa,

Do we have any update on this? This is blocking our development for now.

Regards,
Siva

Shobhit Tripathi

Jul 26, 2014, 12:35:40 AM7/26/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Siva,

Could you give us some more information so that we can figure out your problem-

1. Who will initiates the manual process? (is it Admin)
2. From how you initiates the manual process (any Web Interface)?
3. In manual process have you added Web-Interface(in which user can update the process) and have you checked the user lane role(this belongs to assigned user role only)?
4. Are you using any connector to validate the manual process?

I am thinking that you have a Web-Interface through which "Admin" will initiates the manual process and task is assigned to the user. After that user can validate and update the manual process through another Web Interface. Is this correct?

Please elaborate your requirement so that we can give the specific solution.

Thanks & Regards
Shobhit

Regards,
Siva