Data management (novice question)

fbouqu...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2015, 2:30:41 AM4/24/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello,

I am new to RMP and not very familiar to MongoDB concepts. Therefore I have few questions related to data management before starting my first demo app.

I would like to save all my process data in a database. I first thought that I could do it in RMP collections but I can't find how I can embed array of sub-documents in my collection. Supported type seems to be text, date, number only.

I did not find the way to save data such as:

{
first_name: “Paul”,
surname: “Miller”,
city: “London”,
location: [45.123,47.232],
cars: [
{ model: “Bentley”,
year: 1973,
value: 100000, ….},
{ model: “Rolls Royce”,
year: 1965,
value: 330000, ….},
]
}

- am I correct?
- does it mean that I should use an external database to save my data using the accurate connector?

Other question, if I want to use process variables for report purposes:

- are my process instances archived at some point? I mean, are my process data always available for my reports?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Fabien

Sweta Suman

Apr 24, 2015, 7:42:47 AM4/24/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

Query 1 -

You need to create a collection and add objects in it. You can use java script or Free marker to store data in collection.

To create collection GoTo--> Project--> New--> Collection

In order to push data into collection using free marker. Use.Use below code -

<#assign my_object>
{
"first_name":"Paul",
"surname":"Miller",
"city":"London",
"location": [{"latitude":"45.123","longitude":"47.232"}],

"cars": [
{"model": "Bentley","year":"1973","value":"100000"},{"model":"Rolls Royce","year":"1965","value":"330000"}
]
}
</#assign>
${save_object(my_object,"collection_name")}

where my_object is a JSON object.

Query 2 -

Yes, you can get process variable in Reports. You need to add a custom measure in the process "Measures" tab for each variable you want to see in report. In Reports you can select respective column to see all records.

Please refer screenshot for better understanding.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,
Sweta

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Thanks,
Sweta
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support
measure.png
Report.png

fbouqu...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2015, 10:33:42 AM4/24/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, fbouqu...@gmail.com
Hello Sweta,

Thank you for your answer.

Query 1:

if I understand correctly, it means that I can embed sub-documents but I can't visualize the data in the collections backoffice as we can only display text, number and date am I right? How do you display the collection when you have nested documents?

Query 2:

my question was more about data management, eg: do you keep process data forever or do you archive them at some point?
Would you recommend as a best practice to save all process variables in a collection?

Best regards

Pray Desai

Apr 24, 2015, 2:46:37 PM4/24/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, fbouqu...@gmail.com
Hi,

1) You cannot visualizae sub-documents from report widget but you can use "Tree Widget" to dsplay/edit hierarchy structure of data.

2) It depends on the project mode and your licenses subscription renewal.
For TEST and ACCEPTANCE mode, we auto delete process data along with the forms after 62 days.
For LIVE project mode, we keep the process data for ever as long as licenses are renewed every year. Instant access is guaranteed for 2 years after which we may archive it for performance improvements but we donot delete it. We can also make the archived data available upon request.

No, we donot recommend to save all process variables in a collection just for the sake of backup.

Regards,
Pray Desai,
Fujitsu RunMyProcess.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

fbouqu...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2015, 3:25:29 AM4/30/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, fbouqu...@gmail.com
Hello Pray,

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for the detailed answer. This is exactly what I needed.

Best regards

Fabien