Secured parameter

ciche...@fatergroup.com

Mar 18, 2015, 7:27:01 AM3/18/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello,
I checked the "secured" box for an input parameter but the value is showed in the "Computed paramaters" of the process report.

Why ?

As it is a test process: does the "secured" work only for reports of "LIVE" processes ?

Thank you.

Bidisha Das

Mar 18, 2015, 7:34:46 AM3/18/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi
If you want an input variable to be secured (ie. not visible in Process report), define it as output variable of the start task of your process and check box "secured" with following definition: mysecuredvar=${mysecuredvar}.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

ciche...@fatergroup.com

Mar 20, 2015, 12:44:13 PM3/20/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello,
yes, I secured an output variable and at the beginning of the process it appears hidden, but at the end it is showed clearly.

I also found that if I look at the subprocess, it remains hidden.

So, it seems that when the subprocess returns variables (inject result) to the main process, the "secured" feature is lost.

Is it true ?

Thank you.

Shobhit Tripathi

Mar 22, 2015, 7:45:06 AM3/22/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

I am thinking that you have two processes- main and sub-process. And you have attached sub-process within main process activity.

Now you wanted to keeps those fields hide which you used in the both activity(as secured) ?

If this is the scenario then in the main process activity where you used sub-process you have to be very careful while using "send variables" and "inject variable".

Because if you checked both options it will be over-write the previous variables (which you keeps as secured) with the readable format i.e. it will inject the variable of task of P_result which holds your value are readable format.

If you wanted to secured all of your value you can follow below steps:

1. If you wanted to pass the main process variable(s) into the sub-process then you have to use process Input tab (at sub-process) and define those variable(s) which you wanted to use.

2. Now you have to define those variable(s) as secured either in the start event of output variables or any other activity with checked the secured option. Like mysecuredvar=${mysecuredvar} (here ${mysecuredvar} fetch the value from the main process).

3. Also if you wanted to use sub-process variable into the main process then you need to fetch the values from the P_result with secured format. So you need to define those variable in the Output variable of main process(at sub-process activity) with checked the secured option. (Ex. password=${P_resutlt.password}).

After that you can able to use sub-process variable in the main process as secured form.

Note: You have to uncheck both "send variables" and "inject variable" in the main process activity(where you selected type as sub-process).

Hope this will help you.

Please let us know if you have any query.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Shobhit

--