PDF Transformation - Formatting issues

somesh.m...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2013, 7:47:51 PM9/8/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, somesh. mukherjee
Hi,

Basic settings like the XSL-FO Font family is not getting applied when I try to apply a XSLT-FO template and generate a PDF as explained in the tutorial:

https://sites.google.com/a/runmyprocess.com/user-guide-runmyprocess/3---developer-guide/processes/faq/pdf-creation

Any suggestions? I can provide the generated XSL FO file, if that helps.

I have reviewed the knows issues enlisted in the tutorial and the limitations of the RenderX Word 2003 doc - XSL FO converter. With this mechanism, we are essentially restricted to be able to generate basic formatted PDF documents only.

Please provide your feedback.

Thanks!

Dimitri MELCHIOR Pro

Sep 9, 2013, 3:56:17 AM9/9/13
to RunMyProcess Support Forum, somesh. mukherjee
Hi Somesh,

Indeed, there is a problem with XSL FO and font-family parameters. You have the choice between Times New Roman and Arial.
  • Times New Roman is implemented by default when a font-family, whichever, is set up in your XSL FO.
  • Arial is implemented when no font-family is set up anywhere in your XSL FO template. So, if you want arial being implemented, go into your XSL FO with notepad and delete all of the font-family="..." especially the one that is at the top <fo:block></fo:block> of your template because it acts on all the pages.
Best regards.

--

Dimitri MELCHIOR

PreSales Consultant

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---