Process triggered by email - Unauthorized user

yves.d...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2015, 3:55:58 PM1/19/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello,

I've a process triggered by email. It works fine for me but another user can't use it. Error message is 'UnauthorizedUser' despite he belongs to the right lane as stated in below guide.
http://docs.runmyprocess.com/Developer_Guide/Process/Trigger#trigger-a-process-by-email

See the 2 enclosed screen capture.

Any help ?

Regards
Yves
Role list.jpg
Unauthorized user.jpg

Takafumi Hoshino

Jan 19, 2015, 4:42:39 PM1/19/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

You are correct about checking the user in lane, and I see no issue there.
It seems that process is started, so the error is not caused by starting lane.

In the screen there is portion of script, I see "import_objects".
This writes to collections, and access rights issue might be from this.

Can you check that Oliver user can write to this collections?

Access rights for collections explained here.

Best regards,

Taka

Yves

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Taka Hoshino
Fujitsu RunMyProcess
Google Account: thos...@runmyprocess.com
<Sent from Gmail web client>

yves.d...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2015, 5:01:22 PM1/19/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, yves.d...@gmail.com
Merci Taka for your prompt response.
If I understand well, the collection is NOT in read-only mode so that an user has Read/Write/Delete rights. So it should work ?

The code in the 'update activité list' task is:
<#assign options={}>
<#assign options=P_json_accumulate( options, "separator", ";", true )>
${import_objects(attached_file_id[0].ref,"activites_rd",options,"true")}

Yves
Collection activite rights.jpg

thoshino

Jan 19, 2015, 8:26:01 PM1/19/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, yves.d...@gmail.com
Hi,

If not read-only, then User or Supervisor rights of the Project where the collection is, should be given to user - to write to collections.

Other than that I do not see rights restriction issues in your script.
I did small test and import_objects() can be executed by non-admin user.

User uploaded the file via email, thus I assume he has access to read it.
Can you check this also?

Best regards,

Taka

yves.d...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2015, 10:29:26 AM1/23/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, yves.d...@gmail.com
Hello Taka,

I've replaced the 'import_object' line by a 'list_object' line and the user could launch and execute the process. When coming back to the original code with import_object' the user could not anymore execute the process :'Unauthorized user'. This test indicates that the user can Read the collection but not Write.
Why and what is the solution ?

Regards
Yves

thoshino

Jan 23, 2015, 2:42:10 PM1/23/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, yves.d...@gmail.com
Hi,

Your debug method is correct, now we know it seems that user only has read rights.

Can you check the project rights, collection setting, and execution mode you are experiencing this with?

For example,
Collection is NOT read-only, and issue occurs in ACCEPTANCE:
then check that connected user is in ACCEPTANCE-mode-users-list of the lane included in project's User rights.
If you have the collection in separate project than the email-import process, project's rights refers to the collection's project.

I hope this helps,

Taka

yves.d...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2015, 2:40:31 PM1/26/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, yves.d...@gmail.com
Hello Taka,

You were right : I had by error suppress this user from the lane triggering the process by email.

I've also encountered another issue : as the user had configured an automatic email signature, 2 others images file were sent with the CSV file. I've modified the Freemarker code so that only the csv file is imported to the collection and it works

Regards
Yves

Takafumi Hoshino

Jan 26, 2015, 3:09:26 PM1/26/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, yves.d...@gmail.com
Hi Yves,

Good to know you solved the issue.

For later reference, as I believe Yves did, when there are multiple attachments, the file_variable you map to attachment will contain array and you can go through them and look for data-format for extension.

Best regards,

Taka

Regards
Yves

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

yves.d...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2015, 4:48:49 PM2/11/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, yves.d...@gmail.com
Hello,

Still face again the same issue : process triggered by email fails becasue of 'Unauthorized User' despite user is well in the lane. It works fine when trigger by me
See screen captures

Any explanation ?

Regards
Yves
RunMyProcess - Mozilla Firefox_36.png
RunMyProcess - Mozilla Firefox_35.jpg

thoshino

Feb 12, 2015, 3:00:26 PM2/12/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, yves.d...@gmail.com
Hi Yves,

I think the authentication issue is coming from import object function.
Everything else is green, user has correct rights to initiate the process.

Can you check the collection rights again?

Can you list:
1. Collection configuration: public or private, ready-only or not.
2. Which project is this collection in?
3. What is the acceess rights this user have on above project
4. This user is, admin or user profile?

Best regards,

Taka

yves.d...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2015, 3:33:09 PM2/12/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, yves.d...@gmail.com
Bonsoir Taka,

Collection is NOT public and is NOT read-only
User belongs to the role 'Valideur' which is the one which trigger the process
'Valideur' role is defines as 'User' profile in project Access Rights tab
Live mode.

So everything looks right

Problem comes indeed from import_object. I tried with another user with same rights in Acceptance mode and the error is as per screen capture

Regards
Yves

RunMyProcess - Mozilla Firefox_39.jpg

Takafumi Hoshino

Feb 12, 2015, 3:35:26 PM2/12/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, yves.d...@gmail.com
Hi,

Is process and collection in same project?

Taka

Sent from my iPhone
> --
> Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
> ---
> <RunMyProcess - Mozilla Firefox_39.jpg>

yves.d...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2015, 4:13:12 PM2/12/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, yves.d...@gmail.com
Yes Process and Collection are in the same project

yves.d...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2015, 5:28:22 PM2/19/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, yves.d...@gmail.com
Hello,

Any feedback ?

Regards
Yves

thoshino

Feb 19, 2015, 8:22:39 PM2/19/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, yves.d...@gmail.com
Hi Yves,

I made a small test in my test env and it works fine.

Project has both process and collection.
Collection is not checked read-only.
User is in role that has User rights on project.
User is not Administrator.

User send email to process in LIVE mode, with CSV attachment.
Process starts within 5 minutes.
Process completes.
CSV contents are imported into collection.

You already told me your implementation is same as mine...

Best regards,

Taka