About switch widget and mandatory field in a triggered widget

maybeg...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2014, 12:41:49 PM2/13/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi

How could I configure a widget triggered by a switch widget?, and make this as mandatory field, in this case the triggered widget is an input field text.

Because the switch widget is not mandatory, but if it is checked, I need it that the widget triggered becomes mandatory.

did myself understand?
att:
Nes

Sushma Padidela

Feb 13, 2014, 1:58:53 PM2/13/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Nes,

First you need to  give some variable name to your switch widget. Put a Javascript widget in the WI and make it invisible. In the JS widget configuration you can see “Listen to variables”. In that you write the variable name of your switch widget(So this Javascript fires whenever some selection changes are made switch widget). And write some javascript like when you check the switch widget make the text box widget visible and required. By default make the text box invisible.

In Switch widget configure Value checked = true and Value unchecked = false

if(id_switch.getValue() == "true")
{
id_textbox.setVisible(true);
id_textbox.setRequired(true);
}

Thanks,
Sushma
Fujitsu

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

maybeg...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2014, 3:22:54 PM2/13/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, maybeg...@gmail.com

Thank you very much, it works pretty well.

I'm curious , the script button next to the check box in the "rules" tab, which use could I do with a script here?.

I appreciate it.

att
ness

Sushma Padidela

Feb 13, 2014, 5:34:37 PM2/13/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, Nesgeek Cepeda
Hi Nes,

The script written next to "Required" fires only on page load but it cannot detect the changes each time you select or deselect the switch widget.
So you need to write script in a javascript widget an listen to the variable changes of the switch widget.

Thanks,
Sushma
Fujitsu

--