approval process stuck half-way because creator is resigned

yoke-le...@lafargeholcim.com

Jul 2, 2018, 5:27:42 AM7/2/18
I have several approval process stuck mid-way because the creator has resigned and her RMP user id has been disabled. No matter how I manually replay the stuck task, it will not move to the next approver.

1. Is this issue due to the process is run as "Process Initiator"? If I change it to "Last process modifier", can the process continue to run even is the creator rmp id is disabled ?

2. If the issue is not due the the above, pls advice how to make the process continue on even when the creator rmp is disabled ?

I was informed that we must make sure all the records created by the creator must be completed process before he/she can resigned. I find it very hard to believed but is it true?

C-005516 stuck - creator not RMP active user.pdf

Pankaj Kumar

Jul 6, 2018, 1:18:32 AM7/6/18

Sorry for delay in response. Please find answer of your query as below:-
1. Is this issue due to the process is run as "Process Initiator"? If I change it to "Last process modifier", can the process continue to run even is the creator rmp id is disabled ?
Pankaj:- Yes, if you change to  "Last process modifier" and user is not deactivated and have "user" right in subprocess, process will run successfully.
2.  I was informed that we must make sure all the records created by the creator must be completed process before he/she can resigned. I find it very hard to believed but is it true?
Pankaj: If you are assigning the request to creator/initiator and this user is deactivated, you need to update the process design or design a way to reassign/delegate all his request/task to another user.

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

yoke-le...@lafargeholcim.com

Jul 6, 2018, 4:57:35 AM7/6/18
good day Pankaj,

Regarding your reply to question 1, your reply say that "user is not deactivated". But my creator/user RMP id has been deactivated, as already mentioned before.

Does that mean that even if I change the design process is run as "Last process modifier", manually replay the stuck process using the new design, it still continue with the approval process ? I am not sure whether is it a typo mistake at your end.

Pankaj Kumar

Jul 6, 2018, 5:11:20 AM7/6/18

Yes, here process creator is deactivated because he/she have resign, now since the sub-process is triggered as "initiator" which is deactivated, it is throwing error.

Please change the process design as " Last process modifier" but please make sure "Last process modifier" is having the "user" right in sub-process.

Also please make sure old instances run in new version.

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--