Ordering in a web-interface report

sowm...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2014, 2:08:52 PM11/3/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

We have a particular web-interface report in our application where rows need to be sorted in a particular order.

We are currently using order and order_by parameters and it seems to work ok but we could not see anything documented regarding this. Can you confirm it is okay to use these? Will the ordering be applied for just the 100 records being returned or the ordering is applied to all the forms in the system?

The field/measure is a number and can even be empty. Is there a way we can control the order of empty values?(Say, place them at the end when order is descending/ascending).

We feed this report result into a PDF script to generate a PDF. So using a report widget is not what we want here.

Thanks,
Sowmya

Mariem Mouakhar

Nov 4, 2014, 4:49:46 AM11/4/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

There is an other way to sort columns, in report widget check sortable. So when you click on column name it will be sorted ASC and DESC respectively.

Beast regards,
--
Mariem Mouakhar,
Customer Solution Engineer

s.gan...@ieee.org

Nov 4, 2014, 1:23:32 PM11/4/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Thanks for your response Mariem. But as I mentioned earlier, we are using the data from the report to generate a PDF. Using a report widget is not an option for us.

Thanks,
Sowmya

thoshino

Nov 14, 2014, 2:15:04 PM11/14/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, s.gan...@ieee.org
Hi Sowmya,

When I have a report widget, and I check the HTTP requests running in backend (using dev console on browser), it is doing something like this.

https://live.runmyprocess.com/live/1111111111/applireport/test.csv?nb=20&first=0&operator=EE EE&column=name published state&value=63504 LIVE&filter=PROJECT MODE&&orderby=published state&order=desc desc&random=1415992039285

I believe what you were asking is this, and I would say this is proper API.

The query is process on server side so sort is applied to all data, not just in that page.

There is no way to customize handling of measures ordering including empty values.
You could modify the measure setting on process, put default value. Measures will be recalculated for all instances, new and old - they are not versioned, please be careful.
${measure!"NA"} might put it at bottom of sort.
${measure!0} might put it at top.

Best regards,

Taka

sowm...@gmail.com