Two-legged Oauth 2.0

tom....@mycit.ie

Apr 14, 2015, 9:21:27 AM4/14/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Is it possible to implement Oauth 2.0 for authenticating server-to-server interaction as described here: https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OAuth2ServiceAccount

We have data stored in a shared Google spreadsheet which is accessed by all RMP processes (authenticating using the soon to be deprecated ClientLogin API), so there's no direct end-user involvement in the interaction. We therefore appear to need to authenticate via Oauth 2.0 using a service account and a private key to generate an access token.

Is there any example of this implemented on RunMyProcess? At first glance I'm not sure it's possible to build and sign the JSON Web Token (JWT) required for this mechanism.

Regards,
Tom

Shobhit Tripathi

Apr 17, 2015, 7:29:06 AM4/17/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

It seems that you wanted to integrate Google OAuth2.0 for user authentication and generate the access token to access the spreadsheet.

If this is the scenario then you need to follow below links-

To understand the flow of OAtuh2.0 : https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OAuth2

For reference how to integrate with RMP: http://docs.runmyprocess.com/Integration_Guide/OAuth2/Google

You need to use default Provider (Google Oauth2 authentification) and Connector (Refresh Access Token/ Retrieve Refresh token) available in the RMP library.

Is that your requirement? Kindly let me know if I misunderstood.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Thanks & Regards,
Shobhit
Fujitsu- RunMyProcess

elan...@icstars.org

Apr 17, 2015, 8:19:13 PM4/17/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
i am not able to get the oauth2 google documents connectors to work. i get 2015-04-17T22:58:52+0000 - (id: 21[0] - status: ACTIVE): Not Found (404) - Not Found (1 attempt) when trying to execute the "Download a word processor document [v3.0]" connector.

per tom's request - is there a sample of server to server vs. the web app sample you provided?

Shobhit Tripathi

Apr 19, 2015, 2:39:22 AM4/19/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

Could you please let us know how you are accessing Google documents provider/connectors? I means are you using Google OAuth2.0 for authentication or you are using default RMP library provider/connector.

If you are using RMP library connectors then you have to follow below steps:
For Login: Use Google API login(provider) --> Login Document (connector).
For getting ID of Document: Google Document(provider) -> Get the id of a document [v2.0] (connector).
For download document: Google Documents (provider) --> Download a word processor document [v3.0] (connector).

 Note: Make sure that while implementing this it will have proper configuration.

Like if you wanted to use "Download a word processor document [v3.0]" or "Get the id of a document [v2.0]" connector then its provider url should be "https://docs.google.com/" otherwise it will gives you the same error which you are getting.

As per second query, I am not getting properly. Kindly elaborate.
Does it mean you wanted a documentation/example of server to server (service account)?

Feel free to ask for further queries.

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 5:49 AM, <elan...@icstars.org> wrote:
i am not able to get the oauth2 google documents connectors to work. i get 2015-04-17T22:58:52+0000 - (id: 21[0] - status: ACTIVE): Not Found (404) - Not Found (1 attempt) when trying to execute the "Download a word processor document [v3.0]" connector.

per tom's request - is there a sample of server to server vs. the web app sample you provided?
--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Eric J. Lannert

Apr 20, 2015, 10:40:34 AM4/20/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Thank you for the response. This link:

Indicates that the Google API Login (provider) and Login Documents (connector), will no longer work after today.

Our process has forms that public users submit content into, we then take that content and create a google document in my name (not the users). So the dropbox example you provide on how to let users authorize runmyprocess to act on their behalf is not relevant here.

From the documentation on google https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OAuth2, it seems that our pattern is better suited for a Service Account. But I cannot find an example of how to do that in runmyprocess user guide.

elan...@icstars.org

Apr 20, 2015, 5:19:07 PM4/20/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, elan...@icstars.org
we are able to get through the google oauth2 authorization / token process to obtain a correct refresh_token and then able to use that to get new auth_tokens.

the problem now is that all of the google docs providers/connectors in run my process appear to be for docs v3.0 which is getting deprecated today. their provider/connector url is of the form https://docs.google.com/feeds/download/documents/export/Export?id

are there provider/connectors based on drive? e.g. https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v2 that will work tomorrow?

Shobhit Tripathi

Apr 22, 2015, 6:04:13 AM4/22/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

Yes, "Google Documents" (Provider/connector) is deprecated here. So you must use Drive API-V2.

As Drive API-V2 is latest release from Google side and RMP connector Library is not updated yet.

Also their is no official document yet for this.

Kindly refer this link for Google Drive API-V2: https://developers.google.com/drive/v2/reference/

Please let us know if you need any help on this.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---