passing parameters from web interface and internal parameters to freemarker script writing record to collection

tom.t.r...@googlemail.com

Dec 3, 2013, 4:47:58 AM12/3/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi
Could you help please. I am writing a process that collects data from the user, accesses some internal parameters and then in a process step using a freemarker script writes a record to the collection. The problem I am having is that:-
1. If I set all the variables up in the process step input screen as fixed values (e.g."jim smith", it all works and writes the record to the collection.
2. If I change one of the variables to ${P_customer}, it still works.
3. If I change the same variable to ${P_user.login} it fails with the error message "{save_object(my_object,"Records")}
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class org.runmyprocess.json.JSON$JSONKeyword.TOM"
4. If I change it to ${P_user.name} or to ${req_colleague} (which comes from the web screen but whihc is populated by initialising with ${P_user.name}) it fails again with the error message "{save_object(my_object,"Records")}
: Malformed object at 61, {"Rid":"234569","Rname":"greg","Rdept":"dept","Rcreated_by":R..."

The freemarker script runs in the output variable and is
"<#assign my_object>
{"Rid":${Rid},"Rname":${Rname},"Rdept":${Rdept},"Rcreated_by":${Rcreated_by},
"Rproject":${Rproject},"Rcode":${Rcode},"Rdate_string":${Rdate_string},"Rhours":${Rhours},
"Rrate":${Rrate},"Rstatus":${Rstatus},"Rapprover":${Rapprover},"Rlast":${Rlast}}
</#assign>

${save_object(my_object,"Records")}"

(m.b. on a separate screen I write data to the collection using javascript from the web page and it works OK)

Could you please tell me where I am going wrong

problems with collection freemarker script and parameter passing.docx

Madhuri...@in.fujitsu.com

Dec 3, 2013, 5:50:43 AM12/3/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, tom.t.r...@googlemail.com
Hi,
You can give ${Rid} like "${Rid}".
Please give double quotes to every value you are assigning.

Thanks & regards,
Madhuri,Fujitsu