Line feed in static text area widget

ciche...@fater.it

May 6, 2014, 9:09:59 AM5/6/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello,
I need to log several steps of a process and make it visible to users in the proceedings.

Thus, I defined a "static text area" widget in the web interface with content ${history} and every step adds its own info in the "history" variable like i.e.
history=${history}${get_date(timestamp("SECOND"),"yyyy-MMM-dd")} ${"approved by GM"}

The problem is that the different steps notes appear all in one row.
I tryed adding carriage return/line feed with ${"\r\n"} at the end of the variable history but it did not solve the issue.

Could you help on this ?

Thank you,
Luigi

Sushma Padidela

May 7, 2014, 8:22:35 PM5/7/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, ciche...@fater.it
Hi Cichella,

In your case, to show several variables of process in Web interface, you can use the "Text Input" widget (with variable name as history) instead of Static text area. In the input variable(history) of the process step to get to new line you can write something like this in Value:

${history}${"\r"}${get_date(timestamp("SECOND"),"yyyy-MMM-dd")}${"\n"} approved by GM

approved by GM doesn't require $ as it is just a static text. \r or \n both works for new line. Attached Screenshot for your reference.

You can use the RMP  "Application History widget" where an end user can enter some comments as well and also you can add columns to the history widget with the web interface variables or process variables.

It is recommended to use the History widget only when you don't have sub-processes.

Let me know if it is not clear.

Thanks,
Sushma
Fujitsu RunMyProcess

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

new_line.png

ciche...@fater.it

May 8, 2014, 8:33:37 AM5/8/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, ciche...@fater.it
Hi Sushma,
as you suggested, I would like to use the RMP Application History widget, but it seems that the historized variable cannot be a "process variable" but must be a "Web interface variable".
Is it true ?

Thank you,
Luigi

Sushma Padidela

May 9, 2014, 7:21:02 PM5/9/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, ciche...@fater.it
Hi Luigi,

Yes, history widget can track changes of only web interface variables and Process variables cannot be used here.

Thanks,
Sushma