How to cancel a request/launched process: Use of "Validate a Manual Task" Connector

ayah...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2018, 11:58:07 PM2/14/18
Hi team,

I am trying to build an application where an initiator of the process instance assigns a manual task to another user, followed by several manual tasks. I would like to implement a function which allows the initiator to cancel(validate all manual tasks and end process) at any time, regardless of whether the assigned manual task has been opened, saved, or submitted by an assignee.

I have looked into the manuals and this community and learned to use "Validate a Manual Task" Connector provided by RMP Secured Connection. Now I understand how to validate 1 manual task when this Connector and the manual task to be validated is placed in the same process (meaning, not between main process and subprocess).

Now, here are my questions:

1. When using Validate a Manual Task connector in a main process, how do I validate a manual task in a subprocess? More precisely, what should be configured for request_id? I see that request_id is different between main process and subprocess, so I cannot use P_request.

2. How can I validate multiple tasks (all remaining tasks at any given point) in the subprocess?

Your advice is very much appreciated:)

Kind regards,
Aya

ayah...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2018, 12:28:11 AM2/21/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, ayah...@gmail.com
Hi again,

Just to follow up my post...Does anyone with technical knowledge that is viewing this community have any ideas about this post?

How do other RMP developers handle cases where initiator of a process should be granted the choice to cancel his/her launched request at any time?

Warm regards,
Aya

Prachi Chandak

Feb 21, 2018, 8:09:30 AM2/21/18
to ayah...@gmail.com, Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community
Hi Aya,

Apology for delay.

Could you please explain your business requirement for above multiple validation tasks?
Normally, when you call any child process (having manual task) using web service(connector) in parent process it gets executed even though P_request are different.
I assume that you have a child process having multiple approvals, which you want to be call as web service in parent process.
Please specify the requirement so that we can provide you better solution.

Thanks for contacting Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support.

Do feel free to contact us for any further query.

Thanks & Regards,
Prachi Chandak

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

ayah...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2018, 7:32:50 PM2/22/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, ayah...@gmail.com
Hi Prachi,

Thanks for your help with my inquiry.

From your reply:

>Normally, when you call any child process (having manual task) using web service(connector) in parent process it gets executed even though P_request are different.

Does this mean Task ID is unique in all parent process and child processes, however many are interconnected?

Please let me elaborate my requirement.
Yes, as you understood, my child process contains multiple manual tasks. The child process contains 3 or 5 manual tasks (depending on the branch divided with 1 Exclusive/OR split. So as you may be able to guess, my child process has 2 Ends).
I was planning on using Validate a Manual Task connector to enable P_initiator of the parent process to cancel the child process at any time (whether the child process has NO validated manual tasks at that time or the child process has few manual tasks which have already been completed/validated).

To add to this, currently I see no definitive requirement to put the 3 or 5 manual tasks in a child process, if necessary, they can be all connected to the parent process.

Regards,
Aya

ayah...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2018, 7:31:27 PM3/12/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, ayah...@gmail.com
Hi team,

Would you be able to suggest any more hints on this subject?

Without correct use of Cancel a Manual Task Connector, in production mode when a process initiator want to cancel his/her process after launch, we will need them to request so to System Administrators, or leave those processes uncompleted and disregard them.
Neither of these scenarios are very attractive for us, so I would appreciate your help.

Regards,
Aya

Prachi Chandak

Mar 17, 2018, 8:19:43 PM3/17/18
to ayah...@gmail.com, Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community
Hi Aya,

Could you please elaborate your requirement with some example. From the above description it is clear that you want to cancel the initated task at any point. But, instead of this you want some other solution??
Please describe it more.
Do feel free to contact us for any other issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Prachi Chandak
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

Regards,
Aya

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

ayah...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2018, 11:02:38 PM3/19/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, ayah...@gmail.com
Hello,

Thanks for offering help.

Here are 2 images I have created to explain my requirements.

The numbers are "ID" of each instance. They are not mutually exclusive, I understood from your reply before that ID of all tasks (instances) in 1 process is unique regardless of main-sub processes.

Regards,
Aya

20180320_sample_main.jpg
20180320_sample_sub.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Apr 3, 2018, 5:09:25 PM4/3/18
Hi Aya,

Sorry for delay in response.

By using the connector " Validate a Manual Task ", you are validating the assigned task so it will always be green once a task is successfully validated by this connector,.

If you are still facing the issue, let us know your availability for a call.

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

Regards,
Aya

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

ayah...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2018, 2:27:15 AM4/6/18
Hi Pankaj,

Thank you for your attention.
Please let me re-post my original questions as I believe they have not been clarified yet.