Best way to send form back for resubmission

ad...@wakefieldfamily.org

Nov 12, 2013, 12:20:07 AM11/12/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

If I have a public form, and I capture the email address of the person sending the form.

Then what is the best approach if the request submission form is rejected to be able to send it back to that person with a link to the form with the information they put in (editable), and then the comments below explaining what updates are required that I entered during the manual task approval screen.

I know I need to probably send an email with the rejection notice, but in that mail - I am thinking I need to put a URL of the form, but I am not sure how to get the URL dynamically of the form with all the information from what they originally submitted as well as the comments from the person who rejected it in the manual task.

if there is any tutorial on this - showing how to set up this re-submission loop that would be great.

Corey

madhuri.ru...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2013, 12:46:38 AM11/12/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, ad...@wakefieldfamily.org
Hi Corey,
I assume you have Approve /reject button for manual task screen.(Please confirm)
Do you want to loop back to start of process on rejection ,to submit data again?

Thanks,
Madhuri,Fujitsu

madhuri.ru...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2013, 1:06:43 AM11/12/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, ad...@wakefieldfamily.org, madhuri.ru...@gmail.com
Hi Corey,
Please refer the attached image for back loops.Here in step 2 you can have your manual task .On rejection it comes back to the step 2,form will be in editable mode and check notify via email to send email to user.
Please feel free if you have any doubts further.

Thanks,
Madhuri,Fujitsu

back_loop.png

ad...@wakefieldfamily.org

Nov 12, 2013, 10:04:15 AM11/12/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, ad...@wakefieldfamily.org, madhuri.ru...@gmail.com

Hi,

I want to make sure this was done right. I have attached screenshot of process flow, custom list that I want to use as a condition variable, and my condition screenshot

So if I have a custom list - reason_for_reject - then I am using this in my condition check - reason_for_reject="No Budget Allocated"

Then I set the other path to default

Please confirm if this will work as expected.

I have a public form, so I set the "Need To Resubmit" manual task as public, and I am emailing the person who originally submitted the email.

I have created a Resubmission screen that has all fields active again, and then a Resubmission button.

Will this work?

decision-condition-check.jpg
custom-list.jpg
process-flow.jpg

ad...@wakefieldfamily.org

Nov 12, 2013, 11:51:33 AM11/12/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, ad...@wakefieldfamily.org, madhuri.ru...@gmail.com

Ok an update - the loop back is working fine. My only issue at this point is that the Manual task when I send out the email notification. How can I send this notification to the person who originally submitted the form, if the form i s public. I have the users email captured in a variable, but I don't see where I can set it.

When I click that this manual task should be made public - it greys out the Assign To field, so not sure how to get the person email address set.

ad...@wakefieldfamily.org

Nov 12, 2013, 12:00:38 PM11/12/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, ad...@wakefieldfamily.org

Hi more info,

When I try to send it to a non-authorized user - then I get this error

2013-11-12T16:57:51+0000 - Task "Need To Resubmit" (id: 15[0] - status: ABORTED): Unauthorized: corey....@chasewebsolutions.com. User is unknown

Do I need to make the manual task public, then send it to an authorized user - then that user must forward it to the user who needs to make the re-submission.

Please advise.

madhuri.ru...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2013, 1:57:25 AM11/13/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, ad...@wakefieldfamily.org
Hi Corey,
There is no need to make manual task as public.If you are able to catch email of submitter in a variable then in Assign to field pass the variable
e.g. if variable is email_user,then give as ${email_user} in Assign to field.
Also for your second query,that user says unauthorized,it means it does not belong to the lane(role) where you have put your manual task in process design.

Thanks,
Madhuri,Fujitsu

ad...@wakefieldfamily.org

Nov 13, 2013, 2:04:52 PM11/13/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, ad...@wakefieldfamily.org, madhuri.ru...@gmail.com

Hi,

Thanks for the response but for item two concerning the manual task. I am still getting this error

2013-11-13T19:01:33+0000 - Task "Need To Resubmit" (id: 15[0] - status: ABORTED): Unauthorized: corey....@chasewebsolutions.com. User is unknown

Now maybe I didn't explain correctly - but "corey....@chasewebsolutions.com" is not a user that is added to runmyprocess, it's a user who has submitted a form that was "Public".

So how do I send a manual task to a person who is not a user in the system. When using public forms the person submitting the form will in most cases not be a user defined in the runymprocess system. How do we handle this case.

Corey

madhuri.ru...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2013, 2:38:08 AM11/14/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, ad...@wakefieldfamily.org, madhuri.ru...@gmail.com
Hi Corey,
Making web interface as public and making manual task as public are two different things.
Suppose you have login page web interface, then that web interface should be public.
If you make your manual task as public then anybody in your organization can perform task. If manual task is private then only
user who is being assigned and belong to particular lane(Role where you put your manual task activity in process) ,can perform task.
So to perform manual task user must be RunMyProcess user.

Thanks,
Madhuri,Fujitsu

thoshino

Dec 5, 2013, 11:10:11 PM12/5/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, ad...@wakefieldfamily.org, madhuri.ru...@gmail.com
Hi,

For clarification, manual tasks can be public.
When both WI and Process activity is set to public, users don't need to be authenticated to validate a task.

Best regards,

Taka