Autocomplete Widgets and Result Injection / Query

bgj...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2017, 6:00:33 PM11/23/17
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, bjo...@berendsen.com.au
Hi,

I'd like to get some assistance in using RMP collections and the autocomplete feature of text widgets, as well as information on how to use query functions.

What I'm trying to do:
Select a 'customer' from one (autocomplete) text input widget called 'customer_name', which will then limit the options I can select in a second (autocomplete) text input called 'item_name'.

What I have:
1. An RMP collection called 'service' with the following columns, text in [] are comments for each.
- item_customer_id [unique ID for each entry in collection].
- customer_id [the unique ID number for the customer]
- customer_name [the name of the customer, this is not unique / there are many duplicates].
- item_name [the name of the item, this is not unique, for example the same item name can be used by multiple customers].

2. A web interface with two text input widgets.
Widget 1 has the identifier 'id_customer_name' with a value variable of 'customer_name'. This widget is connected to the 'service' collection, with the label and value property set to customer_name.

Widget 2 has the identifier 'id_item_name' with a value variable of 'item_name'. Autocomplete has been ticked but not configured.

In order of what I need:
1. How to use the query function of autocomplete feature to return unique customer names based on user input (i.e. a single entry per customer that matches what the user has input).
2. How to use the selected value from widget 1 (id_customer_name) to limit the possible options displayed to the user when inputting an item name in widget 2 (id_item_name).

I've checked out some other posts and information in the developer guide, but have not been able to find something along these lines to assist in understanding how the queries work.

Regards,

Ben

shraddhap...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2017, 5:33:01 AM11/24/17
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, bjo...@berendsen.com.au, bgj...@gmail.com, suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Ben

In autocomplete widget, if you select an item from a list, it will populate all the fields related to this selected item to their respective fields.
As per my understanding you want to do is:
1. In one text widget(autocomplete),select a customer from a pre-populated list
2. Accordingly in second text widget, list all items that matches with the selected customer.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

You can refer RMP user-guides:
http://docs.runmyprocess.com/Developer_Guide/Web_Interface/Design/Autocomplete_Widget
http://docs.runmyprocess.com/Developer_Guide/Collection/Collections_To_List

Do feel free to contact us if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Shraddha Pangantiwar
RunMyProcess Support

Dipen Raval

Nov 26, 2017, 1:03:57 AM11/26/17
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, bjo...@berendsen.com.au, bgj...@gmail.com
Hi Ben,

Good Day.

Could you please confirm that issue has been clarified?
Please don't hesitate to contact us for any further query.

Thanks & Regards,
Dipen Raval
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess Support

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

bgj...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2017, 3:15:28 PM11/26/17
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, bjo...@berendsen.com.au, bgj...@gmail.com
Thanks Shraddha, this looks like it will solve my issue.