Saving data before close window

toni.vida...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2014, 5:42:19 AM11/3/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi guys,

we need to incorporate a document autosave feature so users do not have the ability to exit or close the form without the data entered into the fields remain persisted.

Any help? Thank you.
Regards,
Toni

Mariem Mouakhar

Nov 3, 2014, 12:20:57 PM11/3/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

You can add a button with the properties' action "save document".

Beast regards,

thoshino

Nov 3, 2014, 12:41:12 PM11/3/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Toni,

If save button works for you that is fine.
If you wanted to do it from automated code, you can save the document with this function also.

 RMPApplication.save(successCallback, failureCallback)

But as precaution, I have seen some process instances that has been saved too many times causing problems, like after 200+ saves process instance cannot be updated.
I would advise you to execute save on some user action (like user click on some button, or particular field filled in), not automatically by time interval.

Best regards,

Taka

toni.vida...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2014, 9:49:10 AM11/5/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
OK thanks Taka !!

But how do you capture the "close/unload" event of the window to generate a warning like "All data will be lost without saving the information previously" ?

thoshino

Nov 5, 2014, 11:16:57 AM11/5/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, toni.vida...@gmail.com
Hi Toni,

That sounds like general web application technique.

This might help

I have not used this myself for main WI (have used it for pop-up sub windows), if you want to show a message only if the user did not submit, then you need a flag variable for branch "show message or not", and change its value with submit actions, maybe using pre-launch script?

Best regards,

Taka