About relating a simple list and users to obtain privileges

maybeg...@gmail.com

May 21, 2014, 12:39:01 PM5/21/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi.

I'm just wondering if I can follow this approach.

I have a created custom list, and I want to relate users to each element in this list, due I want that the Users have privileges to watch certains icons in the WI(end user).

Did myself understand?
It is possible?
Thanks.
att:
nes

Main end user WI..PNG
A List about my company's projects..PNG

Sabine El Rassy

May 21, 2014, 1:28:25 PM5/21/14
to RunMyProcess Support Forum
Hello,

I recommend you to use Roles instead of the custom list in order to define who has the right to see each of your icons.
You can then use the function has_right to define if the connected user has the right to see the icon or not.

Please take a look at this tutorial. It explains how to hide icons from certain users depending on their roles.

Kind Regards,

Sabine EL RASSY

Customer Solutions Engineer

maybeg...@gmail.com

May 21, 2014, 1:40:34 PM5/21/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, maybeg...@gmail.com
Thanks Sabine.

I've considered that approach, and I think it fits in the best way.

I think my first approach will be very complex.

att:
nes